Skip to content

Simulating party composistion - Icewind dale II

RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
Hi everyone,

I am excited to see the development of a fan made revision of Icewind dale II. An amazing but also long game :)https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79872/icewind-dale-2-enhanced-edition-is-here-and-the-red-chimera-group-is-looking-for-playtesters/p1

Attached you will find links to some absolutely great reading for designing you team in the next adventure. They are colecte from https://sorcerers.net/Games/IWD2/index.php
such great material that it most not be lost in time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, I have made an excel shet to easily simulate character progressions and other topics listed below, can anyone instruct me on how to share an excel file on the forum?
qiq7dqo2aln6.jpg
On the left side a graph of seen of the total amount of XP each character needs to reach a optimum level (typically 30) and on the right side it is seen how two of the characters are progressing their level in the different classes. It includes xp penalty along the way.
Bellow each character a list of items is given that the use and it computes the final AC to be read easily, as 43 for the first char and 73 for the next.

To make it easier to have an overview of the teams I could make I put together this simulation tool in Excel, so it is easily adaptable. So here you go, if you wish to understand how your team develops, to ensure you get enough Armor Class, or the right progress of xp. I had a great time using it.

The is a separate fan on armor call, summarizing the maximum possible AC for each item in the game.
There i a semi complete list on weapon damage, with buff and to some extend also luck included.

Hop it gives you inspiration to test new team combination that are not possible without extensive gaming time :)

Kind reagards
Rahona

Comments

• JankotJankot Member Posts: 6
    Check it out))
  • JankotJankot Member Posts: 6
    Check it out))
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    Check out the reading materials :)

The new EE version allows for many different game configurations. So now we will not experienece the game as having "one" difficulty and it will be challenging to compare game experience. I would appreciate that there was a simple deault installation, that then could be configured.