Skip to content

IOS iPad crashes when I click “new game” tab

After the latest update for iOS a few days ago my game crashes with the “fatal error” message every time I try to start a new game. It was working fine before. Anyone know a fix or how I can just go back to the older version? I’m playing on an iPad mini 2 .

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hi! Did you use any mods before? Have you tried a complete reinstall (just make sure to keep a backup of your saves)?
  • Finn4289Finn4289 Member Posts: 5
    I had a bunch of modules installed yes. After updating the game made it crash I deleted it entirely and did a fresh install but same problem.
  • darkbard81darkbard81 Member Posts: 1
    Finn4289 wrote: »
    I had a bunch of modules installed yes. After updating the game made it crash I deleted it entirely and did a fresh install but same problem.

I also had the same problem on iPad mini5 13.3

I turned off the WiFi on my iPad and it works…
  • DiuCaditDiuCadit Member Posts: 1
    This error is happening to me as well on ipad Air. I also fully deleted the game and reinstalled from scratch to see if that would fix it, but it didn't. Finn's suggestion of turning off the wifi worked. Another workaround is to start a game on your iphone and save the game. Then transfer the files from the "saves", "currentgame", "localvault", and "portraits" (if you use your own) folders through the icloud drive to your ipad, then load your game.

I hope they fix it though. It would be difficult to start a new game of a community story like "Eye of the Beholder" at the moment especially if you don't have an iphone to copy files over from. And I like playing on my ipad more than my iphone cause of the larger screen.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hey all! We are interested to see what happens if you leave Wi-Fi on but disable (logout) from Game Center. We assume that GC is crashing here, but can't reproduce it on any of our devices.
    map5xm72r449.jpeg
    with wipy42tqgoft8m.jpeg

When I uncheck the box at the bottom I can turn the WiFi back on and it doesn’t crash. When I click the info tab I get the couldn’t resolve host name msg. I don’t know if this is what you mean or if it helps…
    Thank you, we're investigating.