Skip to content

What is your best CHARNAME to play?

Paladin is the first choice(knight), the Carsonmyr will allow you to kill everything, good tank for both melee and magic.

Fighter 2H(bersker), arm him with 2x katanas, hindo's and the celestial, he will be a killing machine, don't go for kensai because they cannot tank.

FMT finally, this will allow you to solo the game, arm him with the above katanas, really a good CHARNMAE to play.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    It looks like you didn't set the poll up right; "Paladin" isn't a selectable option.

While my runs vary based on the theme, the favorite I keep coming back to is fighter/thief in various combinations. Sometimes a dual-class, sometimes a multiclass. No mage involved; the one time I rolled a FMT, I aborted that run in early SoA because I wasn't feeling it.

Then again ... my current full run has Dorn (blackguard) as the protagonist. The run before that had a Dragon Disciple. The next run will probably be a Cleric –> Fighter dual-class. Might be a while before I get back to that old favorite.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    Well, my two successful no-reload trilogies were the Skald pacifist and then a Shaman... so I'd have to go with those two :tongue:
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    Strange vote as it doesn't even allow F/M or F->M.. or Sorc for that matter. Arguably the 3 strongest charname options in the game.

Must -fun- i've had was with a Blackguard, as the RP options and gear availability + divine spells just really made me happy.

Most powerfull i've had was.. err.. well who's to say after 23 years or so. Probably some Mage multi/dual class combo.

For a -simple- and -easy- powerfull charname Fighter/Cleric Half-Orc is possibly the strongest option.. and by saying -simple- and -easy- to play with emphasis i disqualify F/M combos and Bards, whom all have a higher potential but you can't just cast 2-3 buffs and let the scripts do the rest for just about any fight.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    I voted FMT, a fun solo, but I do prefer F/T for simplicity and shorty saves.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    F/C Dwarf is an old favorite because of how simple they are. Most of the times they don't even need the buffs, but they are there for the tougher encounters. F/I Gnome is overall probably stronger, but I just can't play gnomes.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    @Skatan am with you on gnomes. I have always struggled to play gnomes (and half-orcs) and have never played either all that much.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2022
    My favourite is multi C/T because I don’t feel that there’s a thief that fits my needs in BGII and I never have space for Aerie, Anomen or Viconia in my party these days. The gnome and halforc races are quite different which makes both options viable.