Skip to content

How to remove Deaf?

Its been a few years since I have played, and i cant remember at all how to get rid of deafness..anyone know?

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    A Heal Spell should work, based on Pen and Paper...
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Also, the cleric spell lv 3 Cure Disease should work too. The heal spell is lv 6, so unless you go to a temple, you wont get healed.

Doesnt resting remove the status?
  • bj2207bj2207 Member Posts: 2
    Resting didnt cure it, cure disease worked though, thanks for answers
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Is this a change from vanilla BG? I regularly succeed in deafening my NPCs when casting Silence during combat and it has always worn off after a short time.
  • bj2207bj2207 Member Posts: 2
    I was in the black pits when it happen, i went a few rounds and rested after each. it stayed for quite a long time until i cured disease
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180

Is this a change from vanilla BG? I regularly succeed in deafening my NPCs when casting Silence during combat and it has always worn off after a short time.

Silence is a different status from deaf. I think silenced character cant cast any spell except vocalize but deafness lets you cast spell but 50% (or 75%?) spell failure.

• MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Silence makes you mute not deaf.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    WHAT!? DID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING!?

^_~
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    @bbear and @Meyahi

Thanks for the replies guys. Somehow I had managed to get being mute and deafness confused (possibly because of the ear symbol that appears when you are silenced)