Skip to content

Rescuing Dynaheir didn't finished the quest and (other quest related problems)

ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
1. If I send her away (even if I changed my mind after talking to Minsc) the new entry in quest: "I freed Dynaheir..." There was a new entry in the finished quest. But the "I have agreed Minsc" remained in the quest with the "I freed".

2. If I let her join the party nothing happens. The quest isn't finished. No new entry.

Is this normal or a bug? (maybe it has something to do with Edwin? I didn't talked with him.)
Post edited by ankheg on

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I have the same thing.
    Agreed to help Minsc rescue Dynaheir
    brought Minsc along (5 man party, Me, Imoen, Jaheira, Neera, Minsc)
    reached Dynaheir & added her to the party.
    No update in the Journal, it still says I need to find and rescue her.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    I wonder what would happen if I do nothing. Will be Minsc upset?
  • HallondrickaHallondricka Member Posts: 10
    +1
    Really annoying.
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16
    I rescued Dynaheir without previously talking to Minsc. I brought her to him, refused to take any of them to party. They went away, the quest isn't finished.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    This same form me and this same witch wolf skin quest in nashkel
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    The winter wolf quest has always been like that. The dynaheir quest not clearing is new to me.
    MikePXP said:

The winter wolf quest has always been like that. The dynaheir quest not clearing is new to me.

What winter wolf quest?
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    @ankheg, the one where you can sell Winter Wolf Pelts to guy in Nashkel.
    lordkim said:

Was it a quest? I never noticed... I thought he was a permanent winterwolf pelt merchant or something.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Same thing with Edwin version of this quest. I killed her, Edwin thanked me, but entry stayed the same.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    ankheg said:

lordkim said:

Was it a quest? I never noticed... I thought he was a permanent winterwolf pelt merchant or something.
    Could be a reminder to a way to sell them.. DOnt know..Just hate all the money.. Nothing to spend them on :/
  • KoekenmakerKoekenmaker Member Posts: 21
    Same issue :(
    I did talk to edwin declined his offer did take minsc with me and saved her but journal doens,t update it says so in console but not in the quest log.
  • markthesharkmarktheshark Member Posts: 57
    I have the same bug. Dyna was rescued, but the Journal entry remains unfinished. Expected behavior is that the Journal will indicate that this quest was completed once Dynaheir is rescued.
    Did had the same issue on multiple quests now after the update it seem to work again journal/quest book updating now.
  • IblisMolochIblisMoloch Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    After latest update, quest for Dynaheir still not completing. Hopefully this will get fixed, don't like having a quest log with quests that are unable to complete.
  • Snowblindn3ssSnowblindn3ss Member Posts: 16

After latest update, quest for Dynaheir still not completing. Hopefully this will get fixed, don't like having a quest log with quests that are unable to complete.

Especially in a situation when the scrolling in the journal doesn't work...
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54
    ankheg said:

lordkim said:

It shows up in the quest list so I assumed it was a quest. They should move it to a journal entry if its not a quest.

The problem with all of the quest list bugs is that the original had no quest list it was all just listed randomly in the journal. When the game was ported to the BG2 engine the quest list wasn't properly bug tested.
  • John_RainbowJohn_Rainbow Member Posts: 15
    Having the same problem with all of the above too.
  • TheSwamperTheSwamper Member Posts: 21
    Same issue for me.
    I saved right before I rescued her. I did the rescue, got 800 xp, got an update in my "quests done" that said I had rescued her, but I still have the quest in my log.

Now, if it's just a display issue, pfft, don't really care that much, I can live with it. But, if it means that Minsc is going to bail on me later, then that's a problem.

Anyone know?
  • TheSwamperTheSwamper Member Posts: 21
    WORKAROUND found. I saved right before I rescued Dyna so I could try several combos.

OK, my party was me, Imo, Xan, Neera, Branwen, and Minsc. Right before saving her, I kicked out Xan and Minsc. At this point, the 'Rescuing Dnyaheir' quest was removed from my journal. I then had to wait a few seconds so there was just a bit of distance between Dyna and Minsc (it doesn't work otherwise). I then talked to Dyna, freed her, got the 800 xp, and had her join the party. Then I went and spoke to Minsc, who was still standing close by, and he joined.

The quest was gone from my journal. The only downside was that Minsc didn't get to share in the 800xp. /shrug. At least now, I don't have to worry about him bailing later.
  • KurjakKurjak Member Posts: 141
    Thanks for the workaround, but for me it's too late! Anyway, I hope it will be fixed soon.

BTW, I'm not able to complete the "Investigating the Nashkel mines" quest. I did everything, but the quest is still on my journal. Am I the only one?
    Kurjak said:

Thanks for the workaround, but for me it's too late! Anyway, I hope it will be fixed soon.

BTW, I'm not able to complete the "Investigating the Nashkel mines" quest. I did everything, but the quest is still on my journal. Am I the only one?

I had no problem with that. Have you got corrupted iron/iron poison/holy symbol of Mulahey before you talked to the mayor?
  • KurjakKurjak Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2012
    @ankheg I think I did. But I'm not so sure, now. If I already talked to the major I think it's too late for finding a workaround, isn't it?
    Post edited by Kurjak on
    Kurjak said:

@ankheg I think I did. But I'm not so sure, now. If I already talked to the major I think it's too late for finding a workaround, isn't in?

Yarp.
  • TedBroTedBro Member Posts: 1
    Xzar said:

Same thing with Edwin version of this quest. I killed her, Edwin thanked me, but entry stayed the same.

Same here.

• CorthalaFamilyCorthalaFamily Member Posts: 22
    Same bug here and I'm starting feeling abused by Beamdog.
    Well, I don't care the about bugs as long as all of them will be eliminated.
  • RoseveldRoseveld Member Posts: 11
    Same as OP and Prism the sculptor and Mirianne's Husband ramain in quests as well + many others (chicken quest from High Hedge).
    I really hate and annoy myself when checking the quest log and I have to browse to uncompleted quests and to check which one are "actually" already completed and my still todo quests.