Skip to content

Rescuing Dynaheir didn't finished the quest and (other quest related problems)

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Kurjakankheg
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    I just noticed this in my journal too. :/
  • NodakNodak Member Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    I just saved Dynaheir for Minsc, but the quest is still in the journal. It says that I agreed to help Minsc rescue his friend and she is held captive at the Gnoll Stronghold. Hopefully this doesn't cause Minsc to complain that I haven't done it yet.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Occured a similar kind of problem with Dynaheir. I went killing her for Edwin and the quest is still listed as to be done.

But if I recall it correctly, this was also the case in the original game.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2012
    I don't recall if this was in the original game but I agree with @Nodak that it's a least confusing. Particularly if you jump around map areas. it makes it hard to keep track of what you've done and what needs done.
    Post edited by Komarr on
    Buttercheese
  • LaufBoLaufLaufBoLauf Member Posts: 20
    Same here. Nashkell Mines still not complete, Minsk/Dyna not complete, Prism not comlete.
    Maybe one of the last two updates broke the questlog? Because before every quest was completed correctly. Could it be, that atm every quest you try to complete will release the "trash" in the questlog?
  • PieSnatcherPieSnatcher Member Posts: 4
    This one never cleared for me. Neither did the ones that roseveld mentioned.
    Ironically, I'm having more bugs in this edition of the game than I had in the vanilla version. Perhaps I'm just unlucky.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    edited December 2012
    I got the same bug as mentioned by the OP. There are entries in the "quests" section as well as in the "finished quests" section. Seems like many quest entries are bugged in the journal at the moment.
  • KurjakKurjak Member Posts: 141

Same here. Nashkell Mines still not complete, Minsk/Dyna not complete, Prism not comlete.
    Maybe one of the last two updates broke the questlog? Because before every quest was completed correctly. Could it be, that atm every quest you try to complete will release the "trash" in the questlog?

@LaufBoLauf Hi, I don't think it's a problem of the last updates, since I'm experiencing that since Day 1. Hope it will be fixed soon. I know it's useless, but I love keeping my journal clean.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Never did took both of them, and got tired of hearing minsc say "go the eyes, go for eyes boo" , hell even edwin was a better mage than dynaheir.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012
    I believe we should collect all wrong quests/entries. The vanishing ring of Joseph was already mentioned as a not an issue. I still believe it is, it shouldn't vanish. I really hate unfinished quests and don't want to use debug mode.
    Kurjak
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    I'm playing solo, so i have a slight variation on Dynaheir's journal problem.
    Cleared the stronghold map but didn't talk to Dyna.
    Went to nashville and recruited Minsk.
    Returned to stronghold but Dyna is not there.
    Spawned a Dyna with console cheats, and her dialogue seemed OK. I don't *think* i got quest XP.
    Rescue Dyna now appears as both a Done Quests and (active) Quests.
    Minsk never acks Dyna's recruitment, so he prolly would disgruntal.
    Returned Minsk and Dyna to Nashville and booted em from party.

I'm having fun - a happy customer. Almost to level cap - Ulcaster now then Nashville mines. So Beamdog, Debug can be unfun. If the board's tone seems a tad gritchy, know that some of us are too deep in gaming goodness to post.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    When you rescue Dynaheir from the Gnoll Stronghold, the quest come up in "Done Quests" page, but is not removed from Quests page. So it looks like you have the quest, and have completed the quest at the same time.

Please update this so it will be removed correctly from the quest journal current quests when you rescue Dynaheir.

Regards

Tom Fjellheim
  • Flasche_PommesFlasche_Pommes Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    The bugs start to annoy me. This is not an enhanced version rather a step backwards.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • forumsbgcom18forumsbgcom18 Member Posts: 2
    workaround: immediately accept her to your party instead of asking questions first. Then it works.
  • WalstafaWalstafa Member Posts: 116
    I have something similar. I went to the Gnoll Fortress without Minsc originally and cleared it, but declined to recruit Dyna. Later I decided to recruit Minsc, so went back to the fortress, cleared out the spawned packs. Dyna was still there, but now I can't open a dialogue with her.
  • nyarlathotednyarlathoted Member Posts: 3
    It almost calls for a "bug-through" (instead of a walkthrough), identifying every bugged/critical step at which you should create a save and then test (and re-test) every possible iteration of the conversations to ensure you take the specific path that results in the journal and other stuff working correctly...

Or, you can just keep a handwritten journal on a piece of paper - which is what I've resorted to now. LOL - back to PnP D&D!
    ankheg
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited August 2014
    Yes, that is what I did. It is quite a list now (this here is just my short version), however I will wait for the next patch at least before doing it again. I do love this game, but I have a life... just the Dynaheir quest alone took two days, testing all the possibilities.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13441/the-complete-quest-entry-buglist-and-many-other-things-updated-v0-4599/p1