Skip to content

*** READ BEFORE POSTING: Master technical FAQ ***

2»

Comments

• JoeWalkerJoeWalker Member Posts: 75
    sirchet said:

Where do we find these patches?

Some of us can't even get the game to start and don't have the option to choose anything from any menu.

Is there a place on this site with links to the patches?

You can find the patch through Beamdog - It automatically gives you the option to update. If you can't access this you should contact the support team
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    @sirchet, @JoeWalker is referring to the Beamdog client. It's a nice, lightweight, Steam-like client.

You can dowload it at beamdog.com (scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the link)
  • sirchetsirchet Member Posts: 14
    So, this is something like a Steam set up where the games will not run without first starting their client and choosing the game?

I have down loaded and started the client and the game actually starts.

I think maybe a fair warning of "You must use the Beam Dog client" would have saved me a great deal of frustration.

Thank you for your assistance JoeWalker and ermo.
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81
    edited December 2012
    sirchet said:

So, this is something like a Steam set up where the games will not run without first starting their client and choosing the game?

@sirchet: Not quite.

To elaborate, I use the Beamdog client to download patches. But I still start the game directly via baldur.exe.

In other words, you don't need to start the Beamdog client to start the game. But it sure does make managing patches a LOT easier.
    sirchet said:

I have down loaded and started the client and the game actually starts.

I think maybe a fair warning of "You must use the Beam Dog client" would have saved me a great deal of frustration.

Thank you for your assistance JoeWalker and ermo.

Good on you and glad to be of assistance.

And yeah, I personally think offering a standalone installer might have created more trouble/confusion than it's ultimately worth. OTOH, some people are allergic to Steam-like clients. Hard to please everyone, I guess! :)
    Post edited by ermo on
    Metalloman
  • BENVILHAVENBENVILHAVEN Member Posts: 25
    Um.....There was a stand alone client, I'm using it to patch as I type this. I'm not sure, maybe its not around anymore, but it certainly was available....
  • atari54atari54 Member Posts: 2
    a patch ... don't know computers that well. Downloaded it am trying to play it . Can't YOU fix it .. a patch or something?
  • randy_manrandy_man Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an old thread, sorry for rehashing old things. I'm not tech savvy, I bought the game last week expecting it to work and have run into the flickering screen problem. I don't seem to have the option to disable triple buffering that I know of, I have an older ATI radeon video card. Any help would be appreciated.
  • SaiaxsSaiaxs Member Posts: 12
    "There is constant full-screen flickering, or parts of previous screen show on a new one (it doesn’t clear properly)

Disable triple buffering in your video card"

This fix doesn't work
  • JoeyPhantomJoeyPhantom Member Posts: 10
    I am having a problem reading some text in game.
    My system info is: http://imgur.com/0W0rBvF

The problem I am having is: http://imgur.com/MRIadLm

I am not sure what to do.

Thank you for your help. If you need anymore information from me, please ask.

1) In my catalyst control center, triple buffering for openGL settings was never checked, I checked it to see if it fixed the problem, it did not, so i unchecked it.

2) I tried to set screen resolution to high color 16bit. Also did not work.

3)Not sure if beamdog will work with steam? or does steam already do the same thing as beamdog for auto patching the game? is there a manual patch i should download?

4) I have updated my gfx card and restarted computer.