Skip to content

Some other ways to summon a creature for carrying scripts?

shohyshohy Member Posts: 9
edited October 2022 in General Modding
In my mod a cre is required to be summoned to execute some scripts, now I only know two ways: eff #67 Creature Summoning, and a CreateCreatureObject() in baldur.bcs.
I'm afraid that eff #67 may be invalidated when there're already 5 summoned creatures, and additional codes in baldur.bcs may slow the game. So I'm here to ask for some other solutions.
Thanks for the help.
Post edited by shohy on

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but instead of using baldur.bcs, if you know which area it might be in you could use the area script, if you have an NPC available you could use their override script, if you know AI is on you could use dplayer2.bcs or how it's called.
  • shohyshohy Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2022
    jastey wrote: »
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but instead of using baldur.bcs, if you know which area it might be in you could use the area script, if you have an NPC available you could use their override script, if you know AI is on you could use dplayer2.bcs or how it's called.

Thanks for the reply, the case is that I'm building a Kit with a special skill, I want the skill to be able to detect the character's current states and then do sth accordingly (with the script of a summoned creature). So the area or NPC script are not unsuitable, also the dplayer2.bcs may be not in time.
    Post edited by shohy on