Skip to content

Greets, new to forums @ Beamdog

I've stumbled around Baldur's Gate a few times, my most memorable stumble began a month ago. I don't know about you, but playing a blackguard and trying to Palpatine my way through AND keep party members (aiming at the neutral/goodish path as far as party members are concerned) is fun, but a tad difficult in terms of reigning in that need to be the unwholesome corruption all the time.

I'm stumbling through Dragonspear now, pulling the same magic show. I know DS gets some flack, but honestly, I'm enjoying myself. Funny story: This is my fourth trek (a third of the the way through) because I kept thinking that DS was eating my saved games (I kept reloading at the tragic death scene of Sarevok). It wasn't until my most recent crawl (two days ago) that I discovered I wasn't toggling the DS switch on intro. Boy, was I embarrassed. My ultimate aim is to blackguard through to SOA and culminate my own personal saga in TOB. At that tipping point, I plan (like so many have done) to start over since I will well be in my retirement phase (dumb job) by then.

In order to stay halfway sane, I do some blogging over at https://ilyanastombofdoom.wordpress.com/ . If that link doesn't work, just complain and I will try to repair whatever is amiss. I do have one question that's been eating at me: how do I grab an avatar for the forums??? If anyone can answer that one, I will be very grateful.

See you in the forums.

Comments

• IsabellaWIsabellaW Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2022
    P.S.
    Look like I learned how to attach an avatar.
    Post edited by IsabellaW on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello and welcome! You have a great blog, good luck to you!
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 426
    Welcome! Really enjoyed your introduction! B)
    Thanks to both of you for the warm greetings. Glad to be here.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Welcome to the forum, enjoyed the blog also! I play minimum reload, so I rarely play SoA (and ToB even more rarely) unfortunately as I usually do not make it that far, but the games are great one after the other with the same character, truly epic.

Enjoy and again welcome!
    Thank you for the warm welcome, and thanks for the compliment on the blog. I need to possibly look into "minimum reload." That sounds like fun,. Once again, thanks.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    IsabellaW wrote: »
    Thank you for the warm welcome, and thanks for the compliment on the blog. I need to possibly look into "minimum reload." That sounds like fun,. Once again, thanks.

Welcome! Yes, curiosity for minimal reload is great, give it a try and it will completely change the way you approach games!
    Not every game is good for that if you're not very experienced with it (Pathfinder games for example), but for the Baldur's Gate series in particular I can highly recommend it.

From my own experience, it even changes how you play when you're not keeping a counter, because the attitude of not reloading endlessly for every less-than-perfect outcome will stay.

Have fun!
    "Reloading endlessly for every less-than-perfect outcome" was pretty much how I stumbled through my first couple of times, LOL. Based on your strong recommendation, I will definitely check it out. Thanks once again.