Skip to content

Icewind Dale EE - Questions about Reputation and Shop prices

I wonder how I can raise my starting reputation in IWDEE in order to gain some more bonuses once I go on my next shopping spree.

Unlike in the Baldur's Gate Series, donating in temples does not seem to help. Also the BG Wiki mentions a ton of quests - the one for Icewind Dale does'nt seem to havy any...

Another qustion i am interested in:

How are shop prices exactly calculated?

The IWD Wiki has a list for Pomab's which differntiates between good, bad and neutral rep, which seems to be different from what the manual says.

Can someone maybe provide the exact formula?

Thank you for any advice!

Comments

• MistercuriousMistercurious Member Posts: 19
    I just googled it again - there ssems to be no possibility to raise reputation over 12 by doing quests during the game.

So the price discounts mentioned in the manual seem to be kind of moot (if you no do not use an editor that is.)

I wonder if there is a mod that adds more possibilities regarding reputation?
  • RidcullyRidcully Member Posts: 131
    Only way I know of to impact shop prices is via "Friend" to raise the CHR. Not played it for a while but from memory the character you cast friend on, also has to be in position 1.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,031
    IWD (both vanilla and EE) never really cared about reputation; it exists, and I think you can raise it in temples, but for the most part it is ignored...at least from what I recall. You can set up some scripts to mess with reputation easily enough.