Skip to content

New Console Patch for Planescape: Torment EE & Icewind Dale

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Hey, chief. You okay?

The Planescape: Torment & Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition package on Xbox/PS4 has received an update to fix 2 long-standing issues in PST. The Nintendo Switch version got a similar update in January, 2022.

We want to thank the community for your patience & hope you’ll enjoy playing and replaying these classics over the upcoming holiday period, cutters!

PATCH NOTES
  • Fixed a bug with text becoming unreadable in Planescape: Torment
  • Fixed a crash when interacting with certain merchants in Planescape: Torment

Comments

• SeamstressSeamstress Member Posts: 1
    I just finished replaying Icewind Dale main game on Steam and thought I'd look quickly at the PS4 version which I had shelved because of the bug in PS:T. To my surprise the patch started loading and I had to come over here and see what it contains. Thank you for doing this! The bug stopped me from playing PS:T on PS4 since I could not read the menus back when I originally bought the game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Yeah, we take time (sometimes too much time), but we usually deliver! Enjoy! <3
  • dr_mudsdr_muds Member Posts: 75
    Hi,

Is there a patch in the works to correct the Icewind Dale EE PS4 version bug where insane mode only gives double bonus XP for killing enemies but not quest rewards (correct rewards should be 100% bonus XP for both quest rewards AND defeating enemies)?

From what I understand this has been an issue for Nintendo Switch as well as the PS4 version with a previous post on the matter in 2020.

Please can anyone advise of any fixes/solutions for this?

Many thanks
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited January 2023
    Huzzah! Just platinumed BG1 and trying to decided if to do Siege of Dragonspear now or Baldurs Gate 2 (I think Siege of Dragonspear works really well as a sort of revist after Throne of Bhaal like a farewell to all your favourite characters) but maybe I'll do Icewind Dale instead on the of chance BG patches come out too.

5fjdx93gvqw8.jpg
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Wow. Does this mean we might get patch updates for BG on consoles sometime, too?
  • Mothlord666Mothlord666 Member Posts: 2
    Hi is there any fix for not being able to adjust quantities for items you are selling on the switch version? I can't raise or lower quantities and that means I am losing out on heaps of profit.
  • JavaanseJavaanse Member Posts: 3
    Hi, this is off topic, bud please, help me with my issue...
    How can i turn off this mess above all ?
    Its unplayable.
    Somehow its turn on, and i cant turn it off.
    Xbox BG 1 EE.
    edited December 2023
    Javaanse wrote: »
    Hi, this is off topic, bud please, help me with my issue...
    How can i turn off this mess above all ?
    Its unplayable.
    Somehow its turn on, and i cant turn it off.
    Xbox BG 1 EE.

edited December 2023
  • Johnocampos1Johnocampos1 Member Posts: 18
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been a long-time fan of both Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale. I recently heard about the new patch that's been released for consoles and wanted to share my thoughts and see if anyone has experienced similar improvements or issues.

Firstly, I'm really impressed with the effort to keep these classic games updated for modern consoles. It's not often that developers continue to support and improve upon games that are, in essence, considered classics or even relics by some. The dedication to ensuring these games are accessible and playable on current-gen hardware is commendable.

Regarding the patch itself, I've noticed a significant improvement in load times and overall stability. The game feels smoother, and some of the graphical glitches that were present before seem to have been ironed out. It's refreshing to see these quality-of-life improvements that make the gaming experience more enjoyable.

However, I did encounter a minor issue where the audio seems to desync slightly during some of the cutscenes. It's not game-breaking by any means, but it does detract from the immersion. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you found a workaround?

Also, I'm curious about the community's thoughts on the UI improvements. I've found them to be a mixed bag; while some changes make navigation and inventory management much easier, others seem to have made certain aspects more cumbersome. What's your take on this?

Lastly, I'm eager to dive deeper into these games with the patch applied. If there are any specific changes or improvements that you've loved or found particularly beneficial, please share! Conversely, if there are areas where you feel the patch has missed the mark, I'd be interested in hearing about those experiences as well.

Looking forward to your insights and happy gaming!
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Also, I'm curious about the community's thoughts on the UI improvements. I've found them to be a mixed bag; while some changes make navigation and inventory management much easier, others seem to have made certain aspects more cumbersome. What's your take on this?

Lastly, I'm eager to dive deeper into these games with the patch applied. If there are any specific changes or improvements that you've loved or found particularly beneficial, please share! Conversely, if there are areas where you feel the patch has missed the mark, I'd be interested in hearing about those experiences as well.

Looking forward to your insights and happy gaming!

Neverwinter NIghts - i didnt like the "improvements" that made the game heavier than it was. The classic edition was lighter and the graphics enhancements arent much of a big deal, the UI got full of graphical options that i surely didnt/dont miss from classic's age. The only good thing about the UI is that we dont see copies of teh same resolution like we do on classic build.

Planescape: Torment - The enhancements such as being able to zoom in/out the screen is REALLY welcome. But the fact it kept the original UI aside keeping the small GUI to display the descriptions of item/weapons/etc forcing us to scroll EVERY DAMN TIME we want to see a description without need is a pain in the butt (This happens with all IE games). The entire GUI of Planescape should have been changed to something different and better.