jmerry wrote: »
A classic stutter bug. And probably entirely the product of mods. Imoen's script doesn't have any forced dialogue triggers in vanilla ToB.
In more detail, what's happening:
- Imoen is supposed to say something to you when you enter the Saradush tavern. So her script tells her to initiate conversation.
- That "initiate conversation" trigger checks a variable. The intended conversation updates the variable so the conversation doesn't happen again.
- Unfortunately, some other variable is set wrong and Imoen's dialogue chooses a different line, that's supposed to come up somewhere else.
- This new dialogue, naturally, doesn't update the variables that caused dialogue to trigger. Or the ones that make it valid, because it was probably using another system like updating its variables in the triggering script. So everything's still in place, and...
- The next time scripts run, Imoen initiates conversation again, with the same dialogue as before.
Because of the mod-based nature of this bug, the save is insufficient to diagnose the problem. Your mod setup (WeiDU.log) is needed as well, and the content of the dialogue that's coming up would help.
Trouveur wrote: »
Maybe let her in the Pocket Plane until you leave Saradush ?
jastey wrote: »
@rossbach451 install the tool @Acifer linked to, start the game, and note down which script block in which script is causing Imoen's stutter. That's step one. Do you know your way around Near Infinity? Because step 2 is that you need to look up this script block in your game, because it might be something else in someone else's.