Skip to content

Any way to equip extra rings?

Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
Are there any mods that allow using more than 2 rings on your character? Or is there any way to achieve this, like maybe using a quick item slot for an extra ring?

Thanks

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    There really isn't a way to do this. Quickslots don't count as equipped, and that's hardcoded. Which items go in which slots is mostly hardcoded too. (And ignore the mod I made which "merged" rings into a quickslot item; I was faking it with spells)
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    I see, tough luck then. Thank you for the response.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    Sad. Would have liked it to work.

What about Congenios pebble collection? It allows multiple ioun stones - is that spells as well?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/65624/mod-congenios-pebble-collection-use-multiple-ioun-stones

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    That mod's not in a form where I can just browse the code, and I don't feel like downloading the thing to check otherwise, but that's probably it. Convert the stone's equip effects into a spell, add an activated ability that removes the stone and casts the spell, then also grant a "take it off" spell that ends the spell with the equip effects and returns the stone to you.

Faking things with spells is viable, at least for equip effects. Activated abilities with charges are a lot more troublesome.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    No problemo. We will leave it be