Skip to content

Patch release?

2»

Comments

• catfishcatfish Member Posts: 31
    We need a list of what changes each patch does so we can start ticking off these bugs easier.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I posted a patch release thread here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9223/game-patch-1-0-2008

It lists the major changes. The biggest change (or most important one, anyway) is that now, if your game crashes, it will create a crash dump file (.dmp) in your Documents game folder.

Send any .dmp files to beamdmp@gmail.com and I'll make sure they get submitted to Cameron Tofer for fixing.
  • PencilPencil Member Posts: 16

Pencil said:

Are the patch notes psoted anywhere? Does multiplayer with 2+ players work at all yet?

No, functional multi-player will be part of a later upgrade. It has been annouced so a few months ago, and with all the bug-fixing for the game itself that needs to be done, I don't see that upgrade speeding up yet.

*edit: and before any misunderstanding arises: upgrade doesn't mean it's something you need to pay extra for. There will be paid DLC added in the future, but there will also be free upgrades to the game, multi-player support being one of them, if i remember well.

Thanks for that, I hadn't heard this. I don't suppose you have a source for this? it's not that I don't believe you. but I'd like to see all that was written.

Cheers.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    @Pencil
    Try the interview thread somewhere here in the "General" forum.
    It's mentioned in several of them.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    @Pencil

Regrading DLC:

There will be more new and free content than paid content.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/10849/#Comment_10849

Regarding Multiplayer:
    Twitter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

At launch, multiplayer is Beta. It still requires direct connection via IP address. We plan to update aggressively.

Tweeter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@selectstartdrew We have a couple multiplayer bugs that slipped in. We are working on them.

Tweeter said:

Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster

@Canageek We've got a nasty multiplayer bug at the moment which we are fighting with. 3+ player stability is shaky. We're working on it.