Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.81

191011121315»

Comments

• MephistoSatanDevilMephistoSatanDevil Member Posts: 8
    Pecca wrote: »
    released a new version with the fix.

thank you.
    now ours chinese players are just waiting for a fix for issue#24.
    I can assist in testing if needed.
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 251
    I did an EET playthrough with this UI about a year ago and I'm wondering how it's come along in that time? Has anyone played with this UI and SCS v35? If so, any issues since I understand SCS taps into the UI a bit.
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 24
    As far as I know you have to deactivate the UI-Settings part of Stratagems in the stratagems.ini (Force_Difficulty_Widget = 0 change into -> Force_Difficulty_Widget = 1) before installing it. If you do that your MC gets an extra special ability to control Stratagems settings via dialog.

Also, as of now, the following component of stratagems doesn’t work, so don't install:

~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five

If I do both things I can install without errors and everything seems to work (didn't do a full playthrough though).

I think mod support will come after the release of 1.0.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,195
    Hi, casue of issue 24 is likely in one of string comparing functions. In english and other european languages, I'm comparing actual class name with class name at the beginning of class description (before colon). I guess this is not the case in chinese, is that correct?

thank you.

Issue 24 is likely in one of string comparing functions. In english and other european languages, I'm comparing actual class name with class name at the beginning of class description (before colon, colon must be there). I guess this is not the case in chinese, is that correct?
    edited May 3
    Hi, casue of issue 24 is likely in one of string comparing functions. In english and other european languages, I'm comparing actual class name with class name at the beginning of class description (before colon). I guess this is not the case in chinese, is that correct?

thank you.
    7pbwlevahsea.png
    im sorry for not having an idea about string comparing.

Maybe In english and other european languages, colon is ":", but sometimes it will be ":" in chinese, just a guess.(Regular expressions may need to be adjusted to suit Chinese.)

When I replace the original file by renaming L_en_US.LUA to L_zh_CN.LUA in Chinese game setting, the problem still exists and I thought it might be helpful to you.

btw, only the character page has displaying problems, all other pages looks fine.
    Post edited by MephistoSatanDevil on

thank you.

Maybe In english and other european languages, colon is ":", but sometimes it will be ":" in chinese, just a guess.(Regular expressions may need to be adjusted to suit Chinese.)

When I replace the original file by renaming L_en_US.LUA to L_zh_CN.LUA in Chinese game setting, the problem still exists and I thought it might be helpful to you.

btw, only the character page has displaying problems, all other pages looks fine.

Does private messaging on the forum work for anyone? Anyway,
    nfk7xc5q63u4.png
    This is the comparison that is likely causing the issue in chinese. There must be a colon in class description to split the string and compare to the class. It's part of the logic for xp bars. Is there a colon in chinese language?
    edited May 4

thank you.

Does private messaging on the forum work for anyone? Anyway,
    nfk7xc5q63u4.png
    This is the comparison that is likely causing the issue in chinese. There must be a colon in class description to split the string and compare to the class. It's part of the logic for xp bars. Is there a colon in chinese language?

you can send pm to me.

may there is no european colon ":".
    it looks like the chinese colon ":".

could you tell me how to identify what the symbols are here?
    wpbt2xnhq3in.png
    sj46fmlzktq3.png
    lweuqxpzmk49.png
    Post edited by MephistoSatanDevil on
    Delimiter symbols and digits are there, I have no idea why would string splitting not work. Anyway I have added the splitting logic in condition for non-chinese languages. Now, in chinese, it will display everything except for class level/experience info at the bottom. This information will only be in class tab.

I'm at the end of work for v0.8. I will release it shortly.
    edited May 6
    Released v0.8 with complete bestiary and other features. I will look at the chinese character screen issue later.

-redesigned bestiary, iwd, bg2 monsters added, slider for gradual revelation options
    -inventory item comparison with simplified description
    -inventory modes redesigned, swap on hover is now changed to "free inventory", keeps selected character, other mode has other inventories visual-only
    -item description buttons bug on swap fix
    -reset unlocked messagebox coordinates button added to UI settings
    -pg-up and pg-down implemented for non-unlocked messagebox
    -area map portraits on side to prevent overlapping
    -large portraits option reimplemented
    -quickloot - picking all items with doubleclick on any (left click will pick all same items)
    -slider for buying multiple items/pick quantity
    -chinese language character screen partial fix
    -various other bug fixes

Note to translators: bestiary strings were moved out of ui strings to its own list and some strings have been changed, so I moved the current translations to the bottom of the file for revision and commented out. Also "inventory swap on hover" option and its description have been changed.

Note2: new bestiary pictures and some descriptions were generated by AI.
    Post edited by Pecca on
    edited May 5
    Delimiter symbols and digits are there, I have no idea why would string splitting not work. Anyway I have added the splitting logic in condition for non-chinese languages. Now, in chinese, it will display everything except for class level/experience info at the bottom. This information will only be in class tab.

I'm at the end of work for v0.8. I will release it shortly.
    4ksekwxx34rb.png
    ryaaz46iohgn.png
    qr4mzziwcxyf.png
    wubzwx5q9cdg.png
    l9h6necwhmq2.png

thank you
    it looks fine.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 46
    I love the changes made by 0.8, what a piece of work!
    On the inventory, however, it's no longer possible to equip an item to your main character when the item in question is in a companion's inventory.
    In the default interface, you can do this simply by taking the item from the companion's inventory, clicking on the character's portrait and equipping the item.
    Here, when you click on the portrait, nothing happens.
    However, if you place the mouse on the portrait and press ‘1’, you can switch to the main character but this won't update his equipment.
    Weird. Are you using free inventory mode? That mode is specifically designed that you can take item from any inventory and equip it to your selected character. You use the portrait only when free inventory is switched off.
    Yes but if you take an item, you can t change the selected chatacter. You must change chatacter before
    What would be nice is if you clicked on a character's portrait, it would change the character selected, whether or not you had an object in your hand.
    You can place it in any character inventory though and then reselect and equip it. You don't use portraits but the inventory itself to place the item there.

I find this option better and less clunky, you have much less mouse mnagement, that's why I replaced it.
    Jinashi wrote: »
    What would be nice is if you clicked on a character's portrait, it would change the character selected, whether or not you had an object in your hand.

I can look into that.
    Released v0.81 with party inventory modes change to "inventory swap on hover" as it was previously and "inventory swap on hover with selected character locked" which is the new behavior. The non-hover option was removed.
  • moe23moe23 Member Posts: 24
    edited May 12
    Thanks for another beautiful update. The New Bestiary and Quick Comparison Info feature are great and little touches like the animated buttons are very neat.

Some things I found:

- Normal Hobgoblins don‘t show up in the Bestiary

- In the big journal the quest “Important Events” stays as an empty entry in already completed chapters (in “Current” and in “Finished” tabs)

- I think it would be nice if the item names in the raster view of the trade window (in the upper left corner besides the bed symbol) would show when hover over the items instead of clicking them

- I like the “Display max proficiency limits” component from EEUI-Tweaks maybe this would also be a nice optional addition for this mod

EDIT:
    I just realized that the “Display max proficiency limits” component from EEUI-Tweaks seems to work just fine with Infinity UI++.
    Post edited by moe23 on
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 77
    edited May 9
    Great work on update!
    Would it be possible without going crazy to make additional option for selection and command sound? Something between seldom and never? Rarely. Description says Seldom is 20% of chance character playing the sound. In reality I can say it is more than 20%? Is there way to adjust this number in UI.Menu file?
    t1y2rw5l457h.png
  • ErykErykErykEryk Member Posts: 37
    Hello, thank you for this beautiful UI mod!

i have too issues:
    1) it doesnt recognize SCS components - what should be the mod order? currently its 1) scs 2) this mod
    2) kit names are for example cleric k=47 not just "cleric"
    @ErykEryk
    moe23 wrote: »
    As far as I know you have to deactivate the UI-Settings part of Stratagems in the stratagems.ini (Force_Difficulty_Widget = 0 change into -> Force_Difficulty_Widget = 1) before installing it. If you do that your MC gets an extra special ability to control Stratagems settings via dialog.

Also, as of now, the following component of stratagems doesn’t work, so don't install:

~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five

If I do both things I can install without errors and everything seems to work (didn't do a full playthrough though).

I think mod support will come after the release of 1.0.