Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.73

Comments

• ReverieReverie Member Posts: 30
    In case anyone wondered, another reason to install this before SCS is thief skills increment by 5 component.

So far no crashes for me either. Twice i got a bug with things becoming mostly nonresponsive and cursor being just hand, but I'm not sure it was this mod, just seemed UI related. Goes away after restart anyhow.
  • zelazkozelazko Member Posts: 75
    Does this require EEEx for 2.6.5 version or 2.6.6?
    Zooming in and out of worldmap would be very helpful especially for BGT-BP-Worldmap mod users.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,001
    It doesn't require EEex, but it exposes EEex's UI zoom feature if EEex was installed before Infinity UI++.
    Thank you Bub for prompt and succinct answer!
    Jinashi wrote: »
    Zelix wrote: »
    Anyone installed this on EET with Project Infinity and SCS?

I'm unable to get SCS Initialize AI to install due to conflicts with the UI.menu and yloc.

//Including and running function(s) difficulty_controls
    //Copying and patching 1 file ...
    //Copying and patching 1 file ...
    //ERROR: cannot convert feedback_yloc or %feedback_yloc% to an integer
    //ERROR: [ui.menu] -> [override/ui.menu] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

I installed with the same order just 2 days with DragonspearUI++, so I'm pretty sure any incompatibilities are with this brand new mod.

I know this is beta, but I wanted to help, so I didn't get rid of my old copy of my modded run. :)
    I can get whatever logs needed.

I've been trying for a good hour to modify the SSC file to correct this error, because the component that is blocking is essential for the rest (the SSC AI). But I'm a bit new to the language so it's difficult.

EDIT: I managed to modify the concerned file enough for the error to disappear, but I still have about 100 components to install so I can't yet check if my correction will create bugs or not

Can we know what file and what did you modify I am willing to test.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 82
    I think I found a repeatable bug. Every time I equip a wand of lighting, the game will crash as soon as I click it in the quick item slot. The wand of lightning is the only wand that crashes the game and it doesn't happen if I uninstall this UI and use the dragonspear UI instead.
    edited April 2023
    If possible we would like to request support for additional campaigns like tipun's integration of IWD into EET.
    jCvEchP.jpg
    Old DragonSpearUI++ supported the extra added campaigns.
    Post edited by zelazko on
    edited April 2023
    A visual bug - the XP bars under the experience in the given class are behaving very randomly for me. Here a dual class example:

rcik4wblmewu.png

And a single-class character that was dualed has the previous class bar at 2/3 with the new class at 100% despite being 173/1500 xp in etc.

The numbers are displayed correctly.

Also, I can't close store/inn windows by clicking ESC, only press the X. ESC works fine for other windows such as inventory.

And also, there was a great Draongspear UI feature that selected all items to sell/remove from container by default. Would be nice to have, but not biggie!

Still in love with the UI, don't get me wrong. I'm reporting what I see in case it helps! These bugs are tiny.
    Post edited by Reverie on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,188
    @Berinvar I cannot reproduce your dialog bug, the text does not get cut for me. What font zoom and UI zoom (if any) do you use and what screen resolution do you have?
    Released a new version:
    -Lightning wand crash in BG2:EE fixed
    -Incorrect XP bars visuals fixed

You only need to change UI.menu and number.bam files from the new release to take effect.
    I have found and replaced just the part of the ui.menu responsible for the XP bars (I'll do the reinstall when there's more stuff I can't just sneak in :D) and it works very well now! Thank you!
    edited April 2023
    Actually, I've run into a problem - and I thought it was my lazy-edit that caused it, so I did do a proper UI reinstall via Project Infinity, but it didn't help.

In the inventory screen, the first character is sort of unresponsive - I can't move items from other inventories to that one and when I try to pick up items in their inventory it picks up items from the character below. The other 5 works as usual.

I can "move to" the 1st char inventory (on the 6 inventories screen) by double-clicking their portrait. Then it's responsive and I can move items around there. I can also drop items from the other 5 inventories to that one by picking item up and double clicking the "team leader" portrait. Odd.
    The auto switch is dependant on hotkeys 1-6. If you bind 1 to something else, it will sease to work.
    edited April 2023
    Pecca wrote: »
    The auto switch is dependant on hotkeys 1-6. If you bind 1 to something else, it will sease to work.

Oooh, I did do that! Thank you, all's good then!

Btw, I really love the 2 inventory screens with such an easy flip + the "hover" option in options. Something for every occassion!
    Post edited by Reverie on
    edited April 2023
    Hey, a little bit more about the bars. Is this how they're supposed to be? Or are they still misbehaving? They seem off, though they are far more responsive than before :)

amaw2qcvsa30.png
    z04wvbzl5z9c.png
    evp9adthzw1v.png

My guess is the mage bars show "current level progress" perhaps? But then looking at the triple class bar, the warrior one should be more advanced, right?
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    edited April 2023
    @Pecca Two quick "things" (not necessarily bugs) about the area map and the world map:
    • I play on 2560x1440 with 75% EEex zoom and, when using the modern UI, the party portraits cover up part of the area map when opened. I'm sure this is the case on many other setups as well, as the area map covers a big part of the screen. I'd be fine with the portaits appearing on the right side of the map in this particular screen, like they do in the classic UI.
    • The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was.
    Post edited by Berinvar on
    Berinvar wrote: »
    The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was.

Which game?
    The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was.

Which game?

Baldur’s Gate EE

Which game?

Baldur’s Gate EE

Can you post screenshot? I did center the worldmap.
    4cchjymhdxsl.png
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Does Infinity UI work with subraces like Dragonspear UI did? If not, may we get it working pweath?

Thankee!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Pecca do you plan to traify Infinity UI++ on the release (or anytime after)? I see most of the texts are under .lua files, which are not usable for translators. As I understand, some strings are pulled directly from the game, but others (i.e. bestiary entries) needs to be translated.
    edited April 2023
    Released a new version:

-updated store screen:
    -two store modes (rows/tiles)
    -sells select maximum value
    -overhauled graphics of all store windows

-UI++ settings screen, shows description of selected options
    -record screen, fixed buggy XP bars
    -inventory: single/party mode remembered upon quitting
    -Russian translation by @skusha
    Post edited by Pecca on
    The world map is not centered. Small thing, but it would look better / cleaner if it was

Cannot reproduce this.

Endarire wrote: »
    Does Infinity UI work with subraces like Dragonspear UI did? If not, may we get it working pweath?

Thankee!

Don't know, I haven't done it for DUI neither. I'm not planning any crossmod compatibilities from my side in near future other than Bubb's spell menu.
    Cahir wrote: »
    @Pecca do you plan to traify Infinity UI++ on the release (or anytime after)? I see most of the texts are under .lua files, which are not usable for translators. As I understand, some strings are pulled directly from the game, but others (i.e. bestiary entries) needs to be translated.

I'm not planning such thing, the lua way is way more convenient - not needing to touch dialog.tlk. Why is it not usable?
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I'm not planning such thing, the lua way is way more convenient - not needing to touch dialog.tlk. Why is it not usable?

Ok, so this means I can translate .lua files the same way as .tra files? If so, then it's perfectly fine for me.

Cahir wrote: »

Ok, so this means I can translate .lua files the same way as .tra files? If so, then it's perfectly fine for me.

Yes, you find L_PL_pl.lua file inside language folder and translate all english strings I added at the bottom. The same way as in tra file.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    When journal pop up field where you can click to open it is far below journal box (almost to the middle of a screen in enlarged UI). So when you click to go north you often open up journal by mistake, which is quite annoying. Would be great if this could be fixed.
    4nidtn60gnor.png
    Etamin wrote: »
    When journal pop up field where you can click to open it is far below journal box (almost to the middle of a screen in enlarged UI). So when you click to go north you often open up journal by mistake, which is quite annoying. Would be great if this could be fixed.

Fixed in new version.
    Does this mod like all other UI mods needs to be installed early?
  • JohnBobJohnBob Member Posts: 128
    edited May 2023
    Hello,

Thanks for this new mod !

A translator request regarding "LOOT ALL" which cannot be translated (and maybe for "lbs" but I'm not sure since it is not translated in the original game, EDIT: Anyway, this is probably not a good idea, as the units of measure are quite different.)

hcvu5r8gc8fm.png

Edit :

- I noticed a typo in M_RGBST1.lua, both Basilisk have the same description.
    'RGB_BASI'		,''				},--Basilisk, Greater
    'RGB_BASI'		,''				},--Basilisk, Lesser

- And maybe an overlap between the bear description and the string

@15476 = ~Kalah does not reveal himself to those who are not worthy. Are you ready to begin?~
    ,15476	,'RGB_BEAR'		,''				},--Bear, Black
    ,15476	,'RGB_BEAR'		,''				},--Bear, Brown
    ,15476	,'RGB_BEAR'		,''				},--Bear, Cave
    ,15476	,'RGB_BEAR'		,''				},--Bear, Polar

u8rtspbw618m.png

Tests on BG2EE...

Post edited by JohnBob on
  • LaelapsLaelaps Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2023
    Thanks for the great UI!

I think I found few issues though:
    1. custom party - when I click on the portrait in the custom party creation screen (after creating at least one character, to preview the stats), there is no way to close the character sheet to return to the custom party creation screen
    2. I think the Minimum strength modifier of 100 is bugged in the autoroller. When I set it to 99 it finds a roll with 18/99 almost instantly (I checked several times), but when I set it to 100, the autoroller never stops. I don't think it's a bad luck, 18/99 takes several seconds and I left autoroller running for several minutes and it never stopped on 18/00
    3. When I unlock the dialogue box to move it around and then change the UI zoom scale, sometimes it lands offscreen and it's not possible to bring it back