Skip to content

[MOD] Infinity UI++ Beta v0.9

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,208
    Very nice. The creature radar menu is intriguing, what is it based on? EEex?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,517
    @shadowlich
    What do you mean by making a dashboard?

Also how to change the journal text color from gold to black?

Thankee!
  • shadowlichshadowlich Member Posts: 60
    @Sanctifer: Portraits are from : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/87200/some-stable-diffusion-potraits#latest

@Pecca: indeed, Radar data are exclusively from EEex. I 'll use your bestiary pics for creatures without assigned portrait but it cannot find yet how filled the table.

@Endarire: Dashboard is just the red floating bar menu with golden icons, for coding convenience I use the name of dashboard
    New release with some storescreen fixes.
  • ReverieReverie Member Posts: 30
    Is there a fix somewhere for the SCS initialize AI that doesn't break either SCS or the UI? :<
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2023
    I'll have to take a closer look at this because my fix on the first page of this thread was done in a hurry to remove the SCS error
    Aye, I read the posts, thought perhaps you've figured out a certainly-safe way to do it. Alas, I can't judge myself, it's black magicks to me :open_mouth:
    I don't know much about it either but it will be an opportunity to learn and to contribute to a mod that I like
  • EnigmajazzEnigmajazz Member Posts: 17
    I think the easiest fix is to change the option to force the widget in scs ini to 1 so it won't try and change the UI. The only difference this should make is that fine-tuning the AI would be via an innate ability rather than a button in the menu (both would just open a dialogue where the changes are made anyway so it would have minimal effect on the game)
    edited April 2023
    That worked very well, Enigmajazz, thank you!

I found a different problem now, for a 3-class character, two XP bars are in the same place. Anything I can do about it? Loving the UI otherwise! It's gorgeous and practical, great job.

2harmydll24q.png

Forgot that one, it is fixed in a new release.
    edited April 2023
    Pecca wrote: »

Got a technical question - when a new release comes, can I just replace the files in the folder, or do I need to reinstall the mod? And if it's the latter, can it be installed after SCS provided I'm using the SCS innate-ability for the difficulty change?

EDIT: Answered first part on my own - it's the latter :p
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,517
    Request: Add the ability to filter the inventories of the party and containers/vendors with an advanced sort/filter. This filter may be activated from a separate button/pop up window and it has at least these options:

-Show only (or highlight only, depending on technical capabilities) items that can be equipped in a specific slot - head, 2 hands, 1 hand, shield/off hand, ring, etc.

-Show/highlight only consumables of a specific type or set of types (wands, scrolls, potions). For scrolls, include an option to show/highlight only known, unknown, learnable, unlearnable, usable, or/and unusable.

-Show/highlight only items that can be activated, such as a Ring of the Ram or Helm of Vhailor.

-Show/highlight only equippable/usable by class (Fighter, Ranger, Cleric/Mage, Druid/Fighter, Barbarian kit, etc.), unusable, or/and all.

-Show/highlight only key/critical items (keys, the book History of the Nether Scrolls, etc.)

-Show/highlight only containers.

Thankee!
    Reverie wrote: »
    Pecca wrote: »

Got a technical question - when a new release comes, can I just replace the files in the folder, or do I need to reinstall the mod? And if it's the latter, can it be installed after SCS provided I'm using the SCS innate-ability for the difficulty change?

EDIT: Answered first part on my own - it's the latter :p

Bugfixes usually only change ui.menu file so you can keep your game as is and only drop that single file in the override.
    Does anyone experience crashes with latest versions?
    Cool about the bugfix fix and as for crashes, I'll keep you posted. Went through modded Candlekeep with no issues so far.
    edited April 2023
    Got a fun issue for you - I accidentally pulled the top of the chat up while it was rather high on the screen and the top frame went out of the frame - making it impossible to bring it back down or reposition it beyond moving it horizontally :D

Where are the settings kept so I could flush them? Can't find it, lol. And cannot move it.

xgdnawolbodo.png
    Also, the new update (the one that fixes the triple class issue) introduced a conflict with "Tome and Blood" familiar type picking. In the previous version from yday, you could pick a familiar type, now it only shows memorized spells.
    edited April 2023
    Also, the new update (the one that fixes the triple class issue) introduced a conflict with "Tome and Blood" familiar type picking. In the previous version from yday, you could pick a familiar type, now it only shows memorized spells.

I guess Tome of Blood was also modifying ui.menu and you have manually overwritten this file with the new version of Infinity UI++.
    When several mods modify the same file, if you want to update one of these mods, you have to reinstall the mod.

In your case, I advise you to reinstall Infinity UI++.
    Got a fun issue for you - I accidentally pulled the top of the chat up while it was rather high on the screen and the top frame went out of the frame - making it impossible to bring it back down or reposition it beyond moving it horizontally :D

Where are the settings kept so I could flush them? Can't find it, lol. And cannot move it.

Search for 'RgMessUnlockedCoor' setting in baldur.lua and change the coordinates there.
    Cool, thanks for the coordinate stuff!

And for a 100 points question - is there any reason (aside from the difficulty button - I'm fine with innate ability) I can't install InfinityUI after most mods (especially SCS)? Was it just the difficulty button that made it a requirement to sit lower?

Since it does need to do the WeiDU patching of ui.menu after all, and I can't just slap it into the folder, it'd be best close to last, so I could update it regularly without pain?
    edited April 2023
    UI mods should be installed first (or at least very early) because other mods like to patch the UI, and any changes they make will be gone as this mod completely replaces the UI my replacing the file. Tome and blood is an example but there are many others.
    I guess you have to put it before any mods that can modify the UI, so that the modifications are not overwritten by Infinity. I think you should look at all your mods to see which ones modify it.
    I understand that having to reinstall a mod for 45 minutes each time it is updated can be a pain in the ass.
    Ah, bad news bears. Damn :smile: Thanks anyhow.
  • SourSour Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2023
    I've played with the latest version for about 8 hours without any crashes. The merchant interface and dealing with gem bags, scroll cases ect, are much better now as well. Tripple class characters have their classes displayed correctly now.

I've noticed a few entries in the bestiary that look bugged. The polar bears and war dog have some text attached to the entries that look odd. The problem with the backdrops not centering properly still occurs if the camera is zoomed in. Other than that I can't think of anything that's causing a problem. It's shaping up pretty well actually. Good work Pecca and thanks for the continued support.

Edit: I also noticed that the pop up info boxes will not adjust correctly if you change the font size. Minor issue really but might be something you want to look at to add polish.
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    @Pecca I love seeing all the fixes. Gotta echo Sour's sentiment and say good work and thank you for the continued development and support. This is by FAR the best EE UI mod out there :)

Do you have any idea / timetable for when work on the various skins will continue / be completed?
  • ConnellyConnelly Member Posts: 78
    Enigmajazz wrote: »
    UI mods should be installed first (or at least very early) because other mods like to patch the UI, and any changes they make will be gone as this mod completely replaces the UI my replacing the file. Tome and blood is an example but there are many others.

IIRC I think the bigger issue with those mods is that they use... I think it was Kjeron's UI tool? Some mods include it to offer a selection menu of skills and spells: Shadow Magic, Warlock, Might & Guile and T&B too I think are the ones that come to mind. And because they'd be installed after UI mods, Kjeron's tool would always be installed on top. I remember Dragonspear UI getting those menus borked when I tried to pick a shadow spell with the beta spell learning or getting a M&G feat.
    Yes that's the main issue. This mod works very well with these UI changes for spell selection, as long as this mod is installed first.
    Berinvar wrote: »
    @Pecca I love seeing all the fixes. Gotta echo Sour's sentiment and say good work and thank you for the continued development and support. This is by FAR the best EE UI mod out there :)

Do you have any idea / timetable for when work on the various skins will continue / be completed?

I have no timetable anymore, that didn't work for me:) but idea is something like this:
    (Aside of bug fixes)
    - finish storescreen windows
    - iwd:ee compatibility
    - rest of unskinned windows
    - rest of skins
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    Sounds great :) looking forward to it!