Skip to content

NPC Mod: Dusk Aldant, The Wizard Slayer

Curian55Curian55 Member Posts: 17
Hello! We have finished developing a mod that includes a new playable NPC. It includes 4 new missions in Shadow of Amn and many new items. New summons, spells, allies, and enemies. We hope you enjoy it.
Available languages: English and Spanish.

Here is the GitHub release link:
https://github.com/RamosPabloA/NPC_Dusk_MOD/releases/ectd27wo9u9w.jpg
yk2nr3k5qjio.jpg
pf435uyfpj1k.jpg
gslqfdncsur6.jpg

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    edited April 2023
    Is npc only found in bg2, or can he also be found in bg1?
  • Curian55Curian55 Member Posts: 17
    Is npc only found in bg2, or can he also be found in bg1?

Only for BG2EE. You can find him in Chapter 1 after scaping the Irenicus's Dungeon
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    May we have all these relevant pics uploaded to the GitHub readme for posterity?

Thankee!
  • TheDreammasterTheDreammaster Member Posts: 1
    Endarire wrote: »
    May we have all these relevant pics uploaded to the GitHub readme for posterity?
    Thanks for the suggestion! We plan to add some screenshots / documentation to the GitHub repo soon.
  • bonewhiteglorybonewhiteglory Member Posts: 19
    Ooh, this looks really cool, will add him to my next playthrough! Thank you <3
    Version 0.9.1 is here!

What's new?
    • Edited (nerfed) several items for a better game balance
    • Fixed several translation issues
    • Wizard Slayer Set usability fixes
    • Removed AMTGEN01.tra files since they were not needed
    • Created a hotkey (K) for solving an issue with dialogs being mixed up

9g4aoc5oqihe.png
    ugurqq8us3vt.png
    si1soiy9a4w0.png

• inethineth Member Posts: 707
    README wrote:
    A path to convert Dusk into a Good or Evil alignment
    Does tthis mean he works equally well in good, neutral, and evil parties?
    ineth wrote: »
    README wrote:
    A path to convert Dusk into a Good or Evil alignment
    Does tthis mean he works equally well in good, neutral, and evil parties?

Completing Dusk's quests will result in his alignment changing to Neutral Good or Neutral Evil. Not completing his quests will keep his original alignment (True Neutral). Whether he is NG or NE, Dusk will have the same quests, although his dialogues and rewards will be very different.

Dusk is not affected by reputation, so he will not leave the group if he disagrees with it. That is, Dusk NG can work in an evil party and Dusk NE can work in a benevolent party.

Also, if Dusk is NE, he can potentially gain enough Dexterity points to dual-class into a Thief. Whereas if he is NG, he will gain enough Wisdom points to dual-class into a Cleric.
    I like the notion of Dusk being a non-Evil Wizard Slayer >> Thiefy Thief. What plans for such exist?

Thankee!
    I like the notion of Dusk being a non-Evil Wizard Slayer >> Thiefy Thief. What plans for such exist?

Thankee!

It is something like this for the GOOD PATH:

l4tmqltpyxsa.png

And this for the EVIL PATH:

ja1oyewjcfxy.png
    Your professionalism is amazing! Thankee!

We just may make 'em kiss some demons or something.
    Version 0.9.2 is here!

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:
    • Fixed custom item (De'Arnise Mantle) description for Nalia
    • Fixed several quest dialogs in order to reward player with custom items for Classic NPCs
    • Fixed a bug that prevents the player to properly finish the final quest

Enhancements:
    • Recompressed all music files using wavc to save lots of space and to make the mod compatible with BG EET
    • The strings for Dusk’s passive ability (Dusk Fury) are now correctly shown

New Features:
    • Added EE Characters dialogs
    • Added a script for Dusk to behave towards Dorn depending on the alignment (True Neutral or Neutral Good)

6u2qhejaqlo1.jpg
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    edited April 2023
    The way the mod handles Aerie's, Mazzy's, Korgan's, Yoshimo's, and Minsc's joined dialogue files is a huge incompatibility with other mods that might add interjections or other content to their dialogue and really not necessary to add new dialogue states for these NPCs.
    jastey wrote: »
    The way the mod handles Aerie's, Mazzy's, Korgan's, Yoshimo's, and Minsc's joined dialogue files is a huge incompatibility with other mods that might add interjections or other content to their dialogue and really not necessary to add new dialogue states for these NPCs.

Yes. That was the first thing I fixed when we released this update. Those files have been removed and will no longer be found in the next version.
  • Lejan55Lejan55 Member Posts: 8
    Version 0.9.3 is here!

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:
    • Fixed several typos in some dialogs
    • Cleanup various .dlg files to avoid potential issues with cross-mods
    • Fixed Kalanda summoning
    • Fixed Anthagar and Kalanda encounters in which the player could attack them affecting the final quest
    • Fixed Dusk / Dorn interactions
    • Fixed functionality of Teleportation Orb
    • Fixed a bug when starting a new game in ToB
    • Fixed several variables that affected some Dusk’s dialogs

Enhancements:
    • Improved custom items general properties and attributes
    • Resized several portraits for a better picture framing

New Features:
    • Added an introductory reaction from Dusk towards Hexxat
    • Added new custom items for EE characters: Neera (Wild Magic Potion), Rasaad (White Light Potion), Dorn (Night Knives Gloves), Hexxat (Ruby Liquid Potion), Wilson (Winter flowers and fruits)

m3t24nsywpyf.png
    hzx061qvddxx.png

• BertleBertle Member Posts: 49
    Hello! I have been playing with this mod and have a question. I gathered all the ingredients to upgrade Dusk's sword (both his green sword and his purple sword, scroll of protection from undead, moonstone gem, turquoise gem, king's tear gem, book of kaza, and 7500gp) but when I go to the green hair guy he won't recognize that I have the items. I have successfully made the Stone Defense Bracers and upgraded Dusk's armor, so it seems to be specific to the sword. In case it matters, I'm in Chapter 2 and have just completed Dusk's second quest. Any thoughts on why it won't upgrade? (Oh, also in case this matters, I used the console to create the book of kaza because I'm pretty particular on my party members and didn't want to have to take Korgan for a while in my good aligned party.)

Also, two small errors I found: the green haired elf refers to the PC as 'him' and the enchanter who shows up to give you the orb also refers to the PC as 'son of Bhaal' despite my PC being female.

Thanks for any help!
    Bertle wrote: »
    Hello! I have been playing with this mod and have a question. I gathered all the ingredients to upgrade Dusk's sword (both his green sword and his purple sword, scroll of protection from undead, moonstone gem, turquoise gem, king's tear gem, book of kaza, and 7500gp) but when I go to the green hair guy he won't recognize that I have the items. I have successfully made the Stone Defense Bracers and upgraded Dusk's armor, so it seems to be specific to the sword. In case it matters, I'm in Chapter 2 and have just completed Dusk's second quest. Any thoughts on why it won't upgrade? (Oh, also in case this matters, I used the console to create the book of kaza because I'm pretty particular on my party members and didn't want to have to take Korgan for a while in my good aligned party.)

Hi! I'll leave you the code items for the Disruption Sword (Dusk's purple sword):
    ("p_swr1") Reforged Cormyrean sword
    ("SCRL09") Protection From Undead
    ("MISC40") Moonbar Gem
    ("MISC19") Turquoise Gem
    ("MISC44") King's Tears
    ("BOOK89") The Book of Kaza

Regarding the Emerald Sword, there is no recipe for its improval, you just need to advance the quests and having the sword in the inventory is just enough. Maybe you're trying to improve another item?

Also, two small errors I found: the green haired elf refers to the PC as 'him' and the enchanter who shows up to give you the orb also refers to the PC as 'son of Bhaal' despite my PC being female.

Thanks for any help!

You update your current game with the new update? This may be the reason why the dialog take the male option. If this is the case, the problem will be fixed if you start a new game (so, just ignore this). If you've the exact quote that would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Thank you for your help! I figured out the problem from your list - I was trying to upgrade the purple sword (I only included that I have the green one as well since the manual just says 'Dusk's sword' and I wasn't sure which one it meant), but the manual lists 'moonstone gem' instead of 'moonbar gem'. After seeing your ingredient list I consoled in a moonbar gem and that worked.

As for the male dialogue options, I'm using version 0.9.3, not sure if that's the most recent update. I'll try to track the exact dialogue for you if it happens again. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact dialogues, but the green haired guy said it during Dusk's first quest, and the Enchanter said it in the conversation when he appears after you send the ogres to the Radiant Heart. Hope this helps you find the errors if it hasn't been fixed in an update yet! It doesn't really bother me, just thought I'd let you know since I was posting the sword question anyways :) Enjoying the mod so far!!
    Thank you for your help! I figured out the problem from your list - I was trying to upgrade the purple sword (I only included that I have the green one as well since the manual just says 'Dusk's sword' and I wasn't sure which one it meant), but the manual lists 'moonstone gem' instead of 'moonbar gem'. After seeing your ingredient list I consoled in a moonbar gem and that worked.

You're right. It is written incorrectly in the manual. I have just corrected it. It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks!
    As for the male dialogue options, I'm using version 0.9.3, not sure if that's the most recent update. I'll try to track the exact dialogue for you if it happens again. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact dialogues, but the green haired guy said it during Dusk's first quest, and the Enchanter said it in the conversation when he appears after you send the ogres to the Radiant Heart. Hope this helps you find the errors if it hasn't been fixed in an update yet! It doesn't really bother me, just thought I'd let you know since I was posting the sword question anyways :) Enjoying the mod so far!!

That's the last update, so you're ok with the version.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Hello,

Another question: I have Valygar in my party and he received the "Sanctified Studies of Corthala" item at the conclusion of Dusk's third quest. He is now level 12 and should be allowed to use it, but it remains red in his inventory and won't let me add it to his quickslot items. I have no idea how the item was coded, but I did notice in the item description it says exactly this: "Can only be used by: Valyghar, level 12" - you will notice that there is a typo in Valygar's name in the item . I just wanted to mention that in case that might be related to the problem. Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

I also came across two more incidents where my female PC was referred to by male pronouns. Here is the dialogue with the male pronouns capitalized for your reference:

(Third quest, Dusk responding to Alabarza after Alabarza speaks to the PC) Dusk: "Scum! Do not address HIM. Your filthy mouth is not worthy to name HIM."

(Kveroslava - the fortune teller outside Trademeet - giving Dusk his fortune) Kveroslava: "Even though you are no longer a messenger of peace, you can achieve much if your LORD [PC_name] guides HIS destiny towards the light."

Thanks!
    Hello,

Another question: I have Valygar in my party and he received the "Sanctified Studies of Corthala" item at the conclusion of Dusk's third quest. He is now level 12 and should be allowed to use it, but it remains red in his inventory and won't let me add it to his quickslot items. I have no idea how the item was coded, but I did notice in the item description it says exactly this: "Can only be used by: Valyghar, level 12" - you will notice that there is a typo in Valygar's name in the item . I just wanted to mention that in case that might be related to the problem. Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

Hi! In fact, that typo was the reason of the item not working. I fixed it and it's going to be updated in the next update (also, I revisioned all other personalized items and fixed another of Haer'Dalis).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YVy0U6iauhFFbVgob6Ay_aGSr7nysd2u/view?usp=sharing

Meanwhile, you can download the rar file. Uncompress in the override file and try again. The only problem is that you're not going to be able to see the description of the item, but as a consumable item, there is no big deal about it.

I also came across two more incidents where my female PC was referred to by male pronouns. Here is the dialogue with the male pronouns capitalized for your reference:

(Third quest, Dusk responding to Alabarza after Alabarza speaks to the PC) Dusk: "Scum! Do not address HIM. Your filthy mouth is not worthy to name HIM."

(Kveroslava - the fortune teller outside Trademeet - giving Dusk his fortune) Kveroslava: "Even though you are no longer a messenger of peace, you can achieve much if your LORD [PC_name] guides HIS destiny towards the light."

Regarding the pronouns, idk why but this was fixed in previous updates. You're going to see another mistakes like this, but if you start a new game as a female character, this should be fixed.
    In low spoiler fashion, does Dusk have any spiffy dragon-related abilities or/and items because he's a Purple DRAGON Knight?
    In low spoiler fashion, does Dusk have any spiffy dragon-related abilities or/and items because he's a Purple DRAGON Knight?

Dusk possesses innate abilities due to their past as a member of the Purple Dragon Knight order. However, his items are more of a personal nature rather than related to his former class.

imw9jpoqp34u.png
    That was a pleasantly elaborate way to reply! Thankee!
    Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but unfortunately I've run into another bug. I've reached the tree of life and Irenicus gives his pre-battle speech. However, once the battle begins, Dusk becomes hostile (red circle, not able to control him, though he doesn't attack) and Irenicus just stands there with a blue circle. I tried killing Irenicus, and he just let me slaughter him and we went to hell, but even there Dusk remained hostile and uncontrollable. I also tried killing Dusk, but every time I do I explode him. I'm at a bit of a loss here, and I'm having trouble thinking of any way to circumvent this other than just removing Dusk from my party and leaving him on the tree, which I would prefer not to do. Any thoughts?
    edited June 2023
    Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but unfortunately I've run into another bug. I've reached the tree of life and Irenicus gives his pre-battle speech. However, once the battle begins, Dusk becomes hostile (red circle, not able to control him, though he doesn't attack) and Irenicus just stands there with a blue circle. I tried killing Irenicus, and he just let me slaughter him and we went to hell, but even there Dusk remained hostile and uncontrollable. I also tried killing Dusk, but every time I do I explode him. I'm at a bit of a loss here, and I'm having trouble thinking of any way to circumvent this other than just removing Dusk from my party and leaving him on the tree, which I would prefer not to do. Any thoughts?

Yes, that is a big bug that will be solved in the next update. Meanwhile, you can download the version with that bug fixed here:

V0.9.3.1

What you should do is uninstall the current version. Install this one and try again. I think reinstalling should also work. If you notice anything wrong with the names, simply select Dusk and press the 'K' hotkey and wait a few seconds. That should fix it (only applies if you see that Dusk's name (or Mathyus, Michelson or Demoli) is incorrect or if their dialogues look wrong, otherwise it's not necessary).

Let me know if this solve your problem.
    Thanks!

Post edited by Lejan55 on

Version 0.9.4 is here!

What's new?

Bugs Fixed:
    • Fixed a bug in final battle: Tree of Life
    • Fixed a banther between Imoen, Minsc and Dusk
    • Fixed some issues with Valygar and Haer’Dalis new custom items
    • Fixed several issues with NPCs vanilla items
    • Fixed a wrong Journal Entry in the final mission
    • Fixed a bug in which Demoli could trigger the final mission twice
    • Fixed a bug in Wilson’s innate abilities from Bellfame: now it’s not necessary that Dusk is in the party

Enhancements:
    • Rex, Royal Avenger, Lux Triumphans and Ira Tenax items received custom icons and custom animation when wielded
    • Larloch fang can be also forged with Korgan’s Axe +1
    • Dialogs for all the summonings from Bellfame (including herself) with:
    Bellfame with: Dusk, Cernd, Anomen, Haer-Dalis, Wilson
    Baba, the Nervous Mouse with Minsc, Yoshimo, Mazzy
    Jack, the Winter Wolf with Dusk, Edwin, Keldorn, Valygar
    Sayang, the Worg Wolf with Rasaad, Dorn, Jaheira, Nalia
    Thiago, the Brown Bear with Neera, Jan, Viconia, Wilson, Dusk
    Uma, the Shadow Wolf with Hexxat, Imoen, Aerie

New Features:
    • When Bellfame and Wilson are in the same area, there is a chance that if they speak each other he will obtain: Sacred Power of the Bear, Hardened Bear and Bear's Bravery innate abilities

09bunptscia1.png
    Dusk wielding Lux Triumphans and Rex
    3ek1duzi44s8.png
    If you talk to Bellfame's Summonings, a random dialogue will be shown.
    32kju5hveihz.png
    Another example.

PD: Thanks to those who reported the bugs (Bertle, Kate, Wolfstar, gnomejodas, John, Bell), I wouldn't have been able to fix them without your help. Thanks to Lava and jastey for the advice on file management.

With this, the major bugs should be fixed (at least I hope so). The next update will include the translation of the mod into Italian (thanks, Andrea) and possibly to version 1.0
    To confirm, what weapon types (longsword, bastard sword, etc.) are Dusk's swords?

Thankee!
    To confirm, what weapon types (longsword, bastard sword, etc.) are Dusk's swords?

Thankee!

Hi!

Ira, Lux, and Rex are all Bastard swords. Dusk initiates the adventures with 2 points in Bastard Sword proficiencies.
    Thankee.