Skip to content

[mod] Lhannd, the fallen ranger

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
I am happy to announce that there is a new mod that just joined the Weasel Mods projects!

lhannd-icon.png

Meet Lhannd Valdove, a chaotic good fallen ranger. He hails from a once-noble Athkatlan family who lost their legacy and drowned in problems. Will you lend a hand in breaking what others perceive as a curse, or will the chain of unfortunate events continue?

The mod comprises quests that expand Athkatla's Government District, including the addition of the Valdove Estate, situated above the local prison. If you are open to offering Lhannd a sympathetic ear, you may embark on a friendship or romance path that will help you get to know him even better, and... perhaps see his other side. Both men and women may romance him, however, the player character can't be of chaotic evil alignment for the romance to start.

To find Lhannd, venture into the Crooked Crane tavern located at the City Gates. The initial encounter serves as the starting point for his first quest.

Download
Forum

Special thanks to @Skitia, Ozan, @ZaramMaldovar, @Go_ForTheEyes, and everyone that's been trying out my mods! Cheers!

Comments

• AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    Congratulations on the release! A fallen ranger will make an interesting companion and his background sounds intriguing. :)
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    Lol I do reinstalls pretty frequently and I still always seem to be adding a brand new Lava mod each time!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 522
    Valygar's Mr Hyde?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Congratulations on the release! A fallen ranger will make an interesting companion and his background sounds intriguing. :)
    Thank you! :)
    Lol I do reinstalls pretty frequently and I still always seem to be adding a brand new Lava mod each time!
    Erm... sorry? :P
    Valygar's Mr Hyde?
    If any, he would be his Jekyll, and Valygar would be Hyde, but while Lhannd and Valygar may seem similar, they are quite different, but... I want players to discover that on their own. I believe there is more content here to draw the whole set of emotions differently. Not to mention his opinion on magic, which is quite the opposite :) I don't want to spoil too much, but give him a try and you'll see what I mean :)
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    edited June 2023
    I have in mind a nobles party with Skie, Eddard, Nalia, Anomen, Valygar or Keldorn, and a Charname fighter for the De Arnise Stronghold.
    Now I'm wondering which one to replace with Lhannd... Does he have some crossmod contents with some of your others mods?
    Thank you for adding a new character to try 🙂.
    No, there is no crossmod yet. I really have that planned, but it's not completely written and coded just yet. Once it's done, it will be part of G3's Crossmod Banter Pack. One day...

I would say that having 2 rangers is much for one team. Even if they do have some talks.
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 501
    No, there is no crossmod yet. I really have that planned, but it's not completely written and coded just yet. Once it's done, it will be part of G3's Crossmod Banter Pack. One day...

I would say that having 2 rangers is much for one team. Even if they do have some talks.
    I know you have much on your plate with so many great mods. 🙂
    I was thinking the same thing, so I would probably take Valygar temporary until Eddard can join.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Glad to help <3@LavaDelVortel
  • TrevimusPrimeTrevimusPrime Member Posts: 28
    Hmmm, for some reason Lhannd isn in the Crooked Crane this play through, not entirely sure why. What would be the correct console command to spawn him so that it triggers the first meeting?
    What version are you using?

I noticed someone had a similar bug not long ago. You see, Crooked Crane is a bit strange area, as it's code is AR0021, but its area script is AR0004. And that is what caused the problem for the player - some mod "fixed" that, but also caused problems for all the mods that added something to AR0004.bcs. There is a chance you also have that mod installed (I have no idea which one is it).

Sadly, there is another scene that happens there later on.

Here are both scripts that are added to the area script. You will need them both times:
    IF
    Global("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreature("L#LHA",[444.544],7)
    SetGlobal("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",1)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    Global("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",22)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveGlobal("AR0021","L#LHA",[215.465])
    ActionOverride("L#LHA",Polymorph(SLEEPING_MAN_HUMAN))
    SetGlobal("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",23)
    END

So the other scene will require you to:
    1. Go to the Crooked Crane;
    2. Use these console codes:
    C:SetGlobal("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",1)
    C:Eval('MoveGlobal("AR0021","L#LHA",[215.465])')
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("L#LHA",Polymorph(SLEEPING_MAN_HUMAN))')
    C:SetGlobal("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",23)
    But that's later in the quest. For now, if you want to spawn him, use C:CreateCreature("L#LHA")

It's already fixed in version 1.4.
    What version are you using?

I noticed someone had a similar bug not long ago. You see, Crooked Crane is a bit strange area, as it's code is AR0021, but its area script is AR0004. And that is what caused the problem for the player - some mod "fixed" that, but also caused problems for all the mods that added something to AR0004.bcs. There is a chance you also have that mod installed (I have no idea which one is it).

Sadly, there is another scene that happens there later on.

Here are both scripts that are added to the area script. You will need them both times:
    IF
    Global("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    CreateCreature("L#LHA",[444.544],7)
    SetGlobal("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",1)
    Continue()
    END

IF
    Global("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",22)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    MoveGlobal("AR0021","L#LHA",[215.465])
    ActionOverride("L#LHA",Polymorph(SLEEPING_MAN_HUMAN))
    SetGlobal("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",23)
    END

So the other scene will require you to:
    1. Go to the Crooked Crane;
    2. Use these console codes:
    C:SetGlobal("L#SPAWNLHANND","GLOBAL",1)
    C:Eval('MoveGlobal("AR0021","L#LHA",[215.465])')
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("L#LHA",Polymorph(SLEEPING_MAN_HUMAN))')
    C:SetGlobal("L#LhanndMet","GLOBAL",23)
    But that's later in the quest. For now, if you want to spawn him, use C:CreateCreature("L#LHA")

It's already fixed in version 1.4.

Interesting, looking at my load order Culprits are either your own mods, Skitias NPCs or the BG1inSOA (I'd vote the last one), but I can't say any of these differ from when I last played. I'll give it a go and see what happens

Cheers
    edited October 2023
    Actually, I found this in Skitia's NPCs:
    // Area Scripts 
     COPY_EXISTING ~ar0021.are~ ~override~
          WRITE_ASCII 0x94 ~ar0021~ #8 
    COMPILE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/Scripts/ar0021.baf~

@Skitia - could you adjust the script to make sure you won't be removing content added by other mods? :) That may cause troubles with any mod that add something to AR0004 or already included/created AR0021 :)

The newest version of my mod adds the blocks to both AR0004 and AR0021 just in case, but your COMPILE may actually override that. Thank you in advance! :) I think there are also other mods that add stuff to AR0004.
    Sorry @Skitia for bringing another issue your way....

Cheers @LavaDelVortel ,you lot are so helpful considering this is a hobby

I'll just pop Lhannd at the end of my install order, hopefully that will resolve things and I'll get him back
    Yep, that should work! :) Thank you!
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,062
    edited October 2023
    I think I copied that from someone as I was trying to add the script flag to the area and they had the COMPILE after it, so probably thought it was necessary.

I'm updating it on my side, so you don't have to change the load order around if you haven't already.
    @Skitia I think the problem is also the fact that AR0021 already has a script bound to it - AR0004. Your mod changes that to AR0021, while some mods may actually follow the vanilla script. If there are more mods that add stuff in there, then they may be adding blocks to the vanilla AR0004 script rather than the one you set. While it is strange that this area does not use AR0021 but a different script instead, the question is if there are more mods that follow the vanilla naming and what other mods may be changing that area's script.
    Hrm, I thought AR0021 didn't have any script bound to it. I think that's why I did it. I wasn't aware AR0004 was bound to it instead.

Would the best way of resolving this is removing the WRITE_ASCII entirely and just switching the script that I extend to AR0004?
    @Skitia - I suppose you may take the same approach as I did: I do not use WRITE_ASCI, and I just extend both AR0004 and AR0021, in case there was another mod that changed that area's script to AR0021. I think Tower of Deception does the same thing.
    Right, I've installed the updated Skitia NPC mod and yep, all working now. Well done to both of you (the Crooked Crane is now brimming with mod quest givers that I'd forgotten about)
    Great! If a conflict ever does come up due to the WRITE_ASCII, I'll update it at that time.