Skip to content

Beamdog Client 2.1.11,Baldur, Sod, and Baldur2 v2.6+ no longer run on up-to-date Linux distros

The beamdogClient-2.1.11-x86_64.AppImage hasn't worked on my Gentoo boxes in over 1.5 years. My workaround was to just run the Windows versions of BG, SoD and BG2 via WINE, but that isn't working anymore either due to the recent WINE v8.0 upgrade and the major architecture changes the WINE dev team made to it especially wrt OpenAL emulation.

The beamdogClient-2.1.11-x86_64.AppImage depends on several outdated shared libraries, including but not limited to libgconf-2.so.4, and libssl.so.1.0.0. Can Beamdog please compile new versions of the beamdogClient-*.AppImage, as well as Baldur, SiegeOfDragonspear, and Baldur2 linux executables that link to the new libraries rather than old ones? Even better; release a tar.bz2 of the source code and let users compile these executables on their own systems so that they are more Gnu/Linux platform independent. Thanks

My machines dual boot into Windows and Linux, and BG1, Sod, and BG2 all ran better within GNU/Linux than they do in Windows 10+.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    It's true. Open a ticket or send me a PM with your Beamdog Store account details, and we'll give you Steam keys.
  • fewerlawsfewerlaws Member Posts: 23
    Thank you Julius. I sent you a PM with my Steam username. I think this solution will work because I play other games via Steam on Linux with no issues. Best, fewerlaws
  • ZeldabochZeldaboch Member Posts: 56
    But pay attention that on steam you get different game id. For example if you have characters saved on a nwn serve with beamdog game, you'll never see those characters with steam. Don't know about other game like bg 1&2 etc
  • ZeldabochZeldaboch Member Posts: 56
    It's true. Open a ticket or send me a PM with your Beamdog Store account details, and we'll give you Steam keys.

Agree, need new linux client