Skip to content

Sick of MCs - having trouble creating a solution

mechaninjamechaninja Member Posts: 1
BG2EE

TL;DR is if you can point me to an item creation tutorial, hopefully that's all I'll need. Or if you have or can quickly make such an item for me, that'd be even more better. I very much don't want to use a mod that requires I start over, but if there's a mod that'll help, I'd like to be made aware so I can at least look at it.

I'm sick to death of the various MCs (charms, fears, berserks, etc), and that there's no way to prepare for an unknown MC without looking up every fight or reloading or whatever. So I want to make a custom amulet, that I can put on my Bhallspawn, and then at least I won't get dead by getting dominated or etc. But I've done essentially nothing right.

I was trying to do immunities the way the Helm of Charm Protection does, with all the different effects, and boy oh boy was that going to take a minute. I haven't completely given up on this path, but I'm looking for a quicker/more elegant solution for now.

I had the problem for a week where I couldn't save to dialog.tlk because I had EEKeeper open the entire time. Like it occurred to me I needed to have the game closed to save, but not EEKeeper.

I noticed you could add spell effects - not just abilities - so I figured I'd add Chaotic Commands to the amulet, though I probably did that wrong too -

But I can't even get my custom item to show up in EEKeeper now to test.

As Leeloo once said, "Plaasse Hallp".

Comments

• kaiiakkaiiak Member Posts: 20
    What do you need ? An item that prtotect from mind effecting ? What type of item do you want ( ring? ,helmet?,belt?)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Mind effecting spells and abilities are a part of the game, there are ways to protect against them: items, spells and boosting the ST.
    An item that protects from all them at once permanently would be OP (it is your own game so feel free to use it if it brings you more fun, just be aware that is OP).
    mechaninja wrote: »
    BG2EE
    I'm sick to death of the various MCs (charms, fears, berserks, etc), and that there's no way to prepare for an unknown MC without looking up every fight or reloading or whatever.
    This is true only in very few instances if you properly use your stealthed Thief or a toon invisible, there are items and a cheap lev 2 mage spell that grant invisibility, so you can spot the enemies and prepare your party, getting recon and exploring is part of the tactical side of the game if you don't like to abuse the metagame knowledge you can have reloading or playing the game multiple times, I actually don't buff or prepare if I can not spot unspotted the enemy before even if I (the player, not the Charname) perfectly know what will happen as I played this game since 20 years ago. For the very few encounters where you can not spot unspotted as the enemies spawn or can see naturally trough invisibility I see them as part of the global challenge.
    Again as it is your own game if you don't like to do proper recon activity and don't like to use protective buffs there is nothing wrong, you equip that item and your Charname is safe from mind effects, nothing wrong about it, but the belief that only meta game knowledge can allow you to protect yourself from mind effects is false in 95% of the cases, in RL an army will not charge before knowing all they can about the enemy defences, why should our little in game armies do so?

I am not familiar with modding items with EEkeeper, I did mod or create some items trough other modding tools, you can extract from the game the greenstone amulet, find out which opcodes it uses and apply them to a ring, amulet or whatever in a permanent way. Sadly the very old pc where I used that modding tool is no more working and I don't even remember the name of the modding tool as I created those items many years ago so I can not provide you the proper opcodes, but I have almost 0 knowledge about modding and coding and I did it quite easily, there are plenty of tutorials online, so you can do the same.