Skip to content

Irenicus (Suldeneselar) and Spell Protections

So can anyone explain this?
(Base game unmodded)
The fight starts and Irenicus throws up Absolute Immunity, Spell Shield,Spell Trap and Prot from energy, i turn off AI and have my MC DM Monk stand and dispel illusions near him, he than puts both fireshields and a mislead, the clone gets dispelled and i have edwin cast Time Stop+Imp Alacrity, now here is the issue:

Example 1:
Edwin stands infront of irenicus face and casts ruby ray, move back ruby ray and once more now move back and spellstrike and 3 breaches and after each breach move back a bit.
Time stop ends and nothing happens the battle log simply says "Spell Inefective"??

Example 2:Edwin stands infront of irenicus face and casts 1 SECRET WORD and basically everything the same from example 1.
He is somehow dispelled and the breaches ht him and dispelled him aswell.

Now idk if im missing something but either Spell Shield is bugged during time stop or something. Id like to know what happens cuz spell removers always kinda confused me and id like to now know what the hell is happening lol.

Comments

• NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Every spells you cast during time stop reach the target at the end of time stop, so i guess spell shield blocks every spells at once since they reach Irenicus at the same time.
    i think all of these spells use a projectile, which is frozen until time stop ends, that's why.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited July 2023
    I very seldom use TS and possibly I have never used it in the EE game, but if I recall correctly as those spells use projetile and the fact that the porjectile is frozen and starts to move after the TS end can be used at player's advantage exactly as the OP did. You cast the spells that you want to land first while near him then the others that have to land after from a greater distance so if the projectiles speed is the same you create a delay and they should not hit at the same time. I used this tactic many times in the not EE game when I was still using TS often and it worked,it should still work in EE.
    Possibly the reason is an other:
    UnderSpell wrote: »
    The fight starts and Irenicus throws up Absolute Immunity, Spell Shield,Spell Trap
    Edwin stands infront of irenicus face and casts ruby ray, move back ruby ray and once more now move back and spellstrike and 3 breaches and after each breach move back a bit.
    Time stop ends and nothing happens the battle log simply says "Spell Inefective"??

Example 2:Edwin stands infront of irenicus face and casts 1 SECRET WORD and basically everything the same from example 1.
    He is somehow dispelled and the breaches ht him and dispelled him aswell.
    Ruby Ray can dispel the Spell Trap, but if it is neutralized by Spell Shield is not dispelling it, so the Spell Trap adsorbs all the following spells up to 30 levels.
    If Secret World is used before the RR the Shield neutralizes it instead of RR, then RR neutralizes the ST and the combo works.

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited July 2023
    Another problem is due to how Spell Shield and Spell Removal are implemented.
    Despite the wording of Spellstrike, Ruby Ray, Secret Word, etc... none of them actually remove Spell Shield. They just trigger Spell Shield's effect, and then Spell Shield terminates itself because it blocked a spell.

However, spell protections can only trigger once every 25 ticks (1.66.... seconds) (half/double for haste/slow), so Spell Shield will continue to block spells that strike within it's current 25 tick window, before it terminates.