Skip to content

Announcing Love Conquers All (LCA) – Corwin Romance Mod for EET

2»

Comments

• TrevimusPrimeTrevimusPrime Member Posts: 28
    lcaeet wrote: »
    May have actually come across a game breaking bug - the below happens in Spellhold whilst being berated by Irenicus
    hssyjisr2u3n.png

Im going to take a punt and say thats not meant to happen (funny though)

You are given back the control of the player character, and are obviously stuck in the tube. I may go back slightly and see if reaching spellhold via the madness route, instead of the wardstone route affects anything. At the moment, its a progress blocker.

Yikes. Make sure you're on the latest version of the LCA_Explicit mod. Version 1.0 (which I think you're on) doesn't hook into the correct state. From the v1.0a release notes:

# v1.0a, 2023-11-20
    * Fixed a bug in the hook for the Spellhold encounter.

To get past that point, you can either uninstall the LCA_Explicit mod, or update to the latest version (1.0b).

I downloaded the last versions of both just to make sure, and yeah thats fixed it. Cheers for the quick response!

*I also suddenly got journal entries about returning the Balderan stuff, nicely done*
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Love the idea of it. Ill definitely try it out. One small perhaps nitpick is that maybe she needs a somewhat more bg2 appropriate racial enemy than Skeleton since that seems to be an acceptable thing to do with rangers wjo transition… not that archers need help here mind you.

Again perhaps a non issue
  • lcaeetlcaeet Member Posts: 29
    Dazzu wrote: »
    Love the idea of it. Ill definitely try it out. One small perhaps nitpick is that maybe she needs a somewhat more bg2 appropriate racial enemy than Skeleton since that seems to be an acceptable thing to do with rangers wjo transition… not that archers need help here mind you.

Again perhaps a non issue

Thanks, I hope you enjoy it. Yes, I've always found it odd that Corwin's racial enemy was Skeleton, considering their resistance to piercing damage. Something to consider changing, I suppose, but as you said it's not a major issue.
  • RyuuseiRyuusei Member Posts: 2
    Hi, it should work, but you'll need to manually set a variable to indicate whether the player had a friendly or romantic relationship with Corwin at the end of SoD. To do so:

Thank you so much! And thank you for finishing the legacy of SoD!
    Ryuusei wrote: »
    Hi, it should work, but you'll need to manually set a variable to indicate whether the player had a friendly or romantic relationship with Corwin at the end of SoD. To do so:

Thank you so much! And thank you for finishing the legacy of SoD!

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.
  • keturiduketuridu Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for this mod. I'd like to try it, but maybe you may add the option in debugger to hide "special ability assistant"? I like moded games as clean as possible and another button, that would be not used in a game, or used several times, doesn't fit to that philosophy. Thanks again and good luck
    Certainly, I'll add that in the next release.
    keturidu wrote: »
    Thanks for this mod. I'd like to try it, but maybe you may add the option in debugger to hide "special ability assistant"? I like moded games as clean as possible and another button, that would be not used in a game, or used several times, doesn't fit to that philosophy. Thanks again and good luck

The new build is posted on GitHub. It includes the change you requested - enjoy!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 246
    Any chance of making Caelar a romanceable character too in a future update?

Would be great!
    Mothor wrote: »

Would be great!

Hi! Thanks for the interest, but there aren't any plans for that. The problem is that Caelar gets rescued a third of the way into ToB, so there isn't enough time for a romance to develop. Sorry!
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 246
    Mothor wrote: »

Would be great!

Hi! Thanks for the interest, but there aren't any plans for that. The problem is that Caelar gets rescued a third of the way into ToB, so there isn't enough time for a romance to develop. Sorry!

Hmmm, how about a fling then?

Or a smooch for rescuing her in toB...at least for a high CHA Gorion's Ward?
  • SourSour Member Posts: 103
    edited January 15
    Hi, I have a few questions about this mod. First question is about Caelar. If you don't have room for her in your party during the end game battle of SOD she will fight along side the party but you have no direct control over her. If she dies, how do you rectify this and allow her to be saved later?

Also, Corwin is a well written character and a great match for the group due to her ties with the flaming fist and Imoen's injuries. However, I consider Corwin to be like a military woman in the real world. She would leave her family to protect her city but I can't see her running off after her boyfriend and choosing to live with his adventuring party while her daughter is left to be raised by someone else. Does this mod deal with that situation and make it believable? I'm interested in this mod but those two things might turn me off from this project depending on how they are handled.
    edited January 15
    Sour wrote: »
    Hi, I have a few questions about this mod. First question is about Caelar. If you don't have room for her in your party during the end game battle of SOD she will fight along side the party but you have no direct control over her. If she dies, how do you rectify this and allow her to be saved later?

Also, Corwin is a well written character and a great match for the group due to her ties with the flaming fist and Imoen's injuries. However, I consider Corwin to be like a military woman in the real world. She would leave her family to protect her city but I can't see her running off after her boyfriend and choosing to live with his adventuring party while her daughter is left to be raised by someone else. Does this mod deal with that situation and make it believable? I'm interested in this mod but those two things might turn me off from this project depending on how they are handled.

Hello! Concerning Caelar, you can only rescue her if she was left alive, in Avernus, at the conclusion of SoD.

As for Corwin, she joins your party in SoA because she is ordered to by the Dukes, after Skie Silvershield is restored. They want him brought to justice for what he did to Skie. Take a look at these two videos. If you have any more questions about the rationale for her joining the party, DM me and I'll be happy to explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RzHYv_kc-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlFcJxeaVk&t=37s - Note: this is an earlier version of the cutscene that was added for compatibility with the CorwinEET mod (in case you were wondering why it discussed actions that had occurred during BG1.)
  • SourSour Member Posts: 103
    Ok thanks, I'll give this a try the next time I make a run of the game. I like that you give some quests in old areas from BG1 as it helps make the game world feel more open and less of a linear progression from one game area to the next.
  • LawfulStupidLawfulStupid Member Posts: 45
    Looks awesome! I'm aware that currently this mod is only for EET, however, when the time is found to adapt this for EE (which I hope is still planned), will it be compatible with the mod: Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul by LavaDelVortel? As this mod makes it possible to find the soultaker and restore/recruit Skie yourself, it seems that there might be some conflicts between the 2. Apologies if this question is WAY too early in the process.
    edited January 15
    Looks awesome! I'm aware that currently this mod is only for EET, however, when the time is found to adapt this for EE (which I hope is still planned), will it be compatible with the mod: Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul by LavaDelVortel? As this mod makes it possible to find the soultaker and restore/recruit Skie yourself, it seems that there might be some conflicts between the 2. Apologies if this question is WAY too early in the process.

LCA is already compatible with the mod you mentioned. I still plan on working on an EE version, though it's too early to know when it will be released. Hopefully by the end of the year!
    Sour wrote: »
    Ok thanks, I'll give this a try the next time I make a run of the game. I like that you give some quests in old areas from BG1 as it helps make the game world feel more open and less of a linear progression from one game area to the next.

Hope you enjoy it!
  • RedJoshRedJosh Member Posts: 8
    Can I ask if there are some issues between Cowled Menace and this? I didn't experience a cutscene at the Hall of Wonders (unless the dialogue with Corwin outside is classed at the cut-scene), didn't get the quest to return the Farseer and neither could I speak to Neoma in East Baldur's Gate despite her spawning. I found her in EEKeeper so creature spawned her in and I still couldn't talk to her to trigger the additional LCA encounter (The subsequent one did load). Do you have any advice of what may have happened?
    edited April 23
    RedJosh wrote: »
    Can I ask if there are some issues between Cowled Menace and this? I didn't experience a cutscene at the Hall of Wonders (unless the dialogue with Corwin outside is classed at the cut-scene), didn't get the quest to return the Farseer and neither could I speak to Neoma in East Baldur's Gate despite her spawning. I found her in EEKeeper so creature spawned her in and I still couldn't talk to her to trigger the additional LCA encounter (The subsequent one did load). Do you have any advice of what may have happened?

Hi, the dialog and the cutscene are distinct. The dialogue occurs just outside of the entrance. The Hall of Wonders cutscene occurs once you go inside and speak with Curator Magda. Concerning Neoma, she will initiate a dialog with Corwin once she sees her. Was Corwin in your party (and visible to Neoma)?

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues that could cause issues here.
    edited April 23
    [/quote] Hi, the dialog and the cutscene are distinct. The dialogue occurs just outside of the entrance. The Hall of Wonders cutscene occurs once you go inside and speak with Curator Magda. Concerning Neoma, she will initiate a dialog with Corwin once she sees her. Was Corwin in your party (and visible to Neoma)?

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues that could cause issues here. [/quote]

When I spoke to Magda she just says something along the line of 'Enjoy The Hall of Wonders' or 'Don't Touch Anything'?

Neoma hasn't initalised dialogue with Corwin either time I entered the city for the first time (I tried it again). I was wondering if there was an issue because of returning to Baldur's Gate for Cowled Menace, which is why I guessed it.

I also wasn't able to do anything to return Balduran's items, but thought that may happen at the briefing?

I have been able to do the Elfsong Tavern Quest, Skie discussion, Slavers Quest, Tianna Quest, Had Glint and Briella Spawn and The Diviner Tent. I got the gift from Nederlock, but didn't see anything else in the FF HQ other than a brief chat with Bence.
    edited April 23
    Hi, the dialog and the cutscene are distinct. The dialogue occurs just outside of the entrance. The Hall of Wonders cutscene occurs once you go inside and speak with Curator Magda. Concerning Neoma, she will initiate a dialog with Corwin once she sees her. Was Corwin in your party (and visible to Neoma)?

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues that could cause issues here. [/quote]

When I spoke to Magda she just says something along the line of 'Enjoy The Hall of Wonders' or 'Don't Touch Anything'?

Neoma hasn't initalised dialogue with Corwin either time I entered the city for the first time (I tried it again). I was wondering if there was an issue because of returning to Baldur's Gate for Cowled Menace, which is why I guessed it.

I also wasn't able to do anything to return Balduran's items, but thought that may happen at the briefing?

I have been able to do the Elfsong Tavern Quest, Skie discussion, Slavers Quest, Tianna Quest, Had Glint and Briella Spawn and The Diviner Tent. I got the gift from Nederlock, but didn't see anything else in the FF HQ other than a brief chat with Bence.
    [/quote]

There's nothing extra to do in the FF HQ beyond getting the medal from Nederlok, except for a dialog between the player and Corwin that triggers when you walk by <CHARNAME>'s old cell. The Balduran stuff is handled with some extra dialog with Curator Magda. Is Corwin in your party when you talk to her? If not, neither the cutscene nor the extra dialog will trigger. I looked at the triggers for the interactions with Neoma and everything looks fine - when you have some time, please send me a copy of your savegame (LCAMod@danielvalle.net) and I'll see if I can figure out what is wrong. Thanks!

PS: The non-EET version of the mod will rectify any compatibility issues with other mods that rely on BG1 areas. I plan to release it later in the year.
    edited April 23

Yeah, Corwin was in my party for everything. I even tried to get her to do the talking, but it still didn't trigger. I'll try to get you my save to have a look at it.

Thanks for the speedy response much appreciated. Got to say that the mod is great anyway. Have really enjoyed it.
    Post edited by RedJosh on
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 52
    edited July 13
    Recognized some parsing errors on my latest EET Setup. The Mod is installing without issues anyhow. Don't know what to expect because of this, but wanted to state it just in case.
    94qzz86ng4km.jpg
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »
    Recognized some parsing errors on my latest EET Setup. The Mod is installing without issues anyhow. Don't know what to expect because of this, but wanted to state it just in case.
    94qzz86ng4km.jpg

Thanks, I'll investigate and correct it for the next release. Those issues won't affect the playthrough, fortunately.
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 52
    You're welcome.
    Thx for this great Mod and keep up the good work.