Skip to content

Windows 11 problems

DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
I bought a new computer with Windows 11. The Beamdog Client will not download any of my games. It just says it can not make a connection. I manually brought over my games from my old computer. The client only works about 1 time out of 4 tries. I can verify the games but nothing else with the client. Neverwinter Nights will launch but it will not find any of my games under local despite them being in the correct place.

Comments

• DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    edited August 2023
    The path I am putting my modules and other files like haks is c/users/my name/documents/neverwinter nights.
    I did figure out the module problem. Under windows 11 you have to use the onedrive folder. I hate this. The Beamdog Client finally was able to download most of my games but it took around 50 tries. The client does not work very well under windows 11.
    The only game that works anymore is Neverwinter Nights. None of the other games will launch. I have all of the games. I can't believe that Beamdog relies on their client to install games and it is not working. Wasn't the whole point of updating games like Baldur's Gate to allow for it to work in modern computers?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    Open a ticket at https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us and we'll provide you with Steam keys.
    I already bought copies on gog since there was a sale. I will never buy again from Beamdog. I paid full price for all your games when each came out to help support the company. I am rewarded with games that do not work. Beamdog knows they do not work and does nothing. All the games work fine from gog. Why can't Beamdog sell games that work if the secondary sellers sell working games?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    The games are absolutely the same. Most likely, the issue was just troubleshooting, and your GOG copies installed OpenAL properly.
    Julius thank you for the help. I hope I was not rude. It is just so frustrating the way the Beamdog Client works with Windows 11. It is unusable. I hope it gets updated for others in the future. If someone buys a game that says it is for modern computers it should install and run. A first time buyer would want a refund.
    That's why we offer Steam keys instead. We don't have the manpower to support the Beamdog Client and plan to sunset it in the future.