Skip to content

What is a good duo?

CHARNAME and one NPC?
How do you solve the small inventory issue?

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    The first question has too many good answers. 😜
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    edited October 2023
    Sloty1984 wrote: »
    How do you solve the small inventory issue?

Buy a bag for jewels and a bag for scrolls in various shops. 👈

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44958/containers-in-bg2-ee-potion-case-ammo-belt-bag-of-holding
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 628
    Fighter/Thief Charname, and Aerie (Cleric/Mage) for npc.. let's you cover every single archetype and utility
  • Sloty1984Sloty1984 Member Posts: 147
    What do you think about a F/M/T plus one or maybe two other party members?
    It doesnt have to be only two members, three would be okay, but CHARNAME should be a powerhouse
    Which two npcs would be worthwile?
  • Sloty1984Sloty1984 Member Posts: 147
    What do you think about F/M/T, Anomen , Mazzy?
    And would you add some arcane caster to them?
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 628
    Anomen and Mazzy are solid companions, but Mazzy don't really offer anything your FMT doesn't do already.

If you wanna keep party size small then try to avoid redundancy.

F/T + Aerie has zero redundancy.. and M/T + Anomen has zero redundancy, yet both options cover all 4 archetypes.
  • Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112
    imo if you've done enough runs (and have most of the traps remembered or don't mind doing a few reloads) you don't really need a thief.

I've done a couple of runs with cleric->mage + Dorn (I was dating him, put anyone with fighter HLA here) and it went surprisingly well even on higher difficulties and SCS, given that I already know the general location of lethal traps and important locks.

My ideal duo would be multiclass fighter/cleric + sorcerer, but we don't have a sorcerer companion. Edwin or Neera could do and if you prefer to be able to deal with locks maybe go with Nalia (and maybe swap Imoen in.) Sorcerer charname + Anomen could work too but I prefer to have some solid melee dmg like great whirlwind.

If you're doing F/M/T charname... it pretty much stands on its own, you can already solo the game anyway and I say use the companion slot to do everyone's quest.

Inventory isn't really a thing, just pick your favorite chest in WK and dump all the golem pages and whatsoever there, then pick a favorite barrel in Athkatla and dump all the portal gems and whatsoever in it.