Skip to content

Problem with Edwin quest: I killed Degardar on first meeting.

Heya, it's me.

I thought I was clever by killing the Degardar dude immediately after I lied about knowing Edwin and ending the conversation. Now I'm afraid that he, well, might naturally... not come back to continue Edwin's quest - well, he's dead. I tried let time run by just continuing the journey doing quests etc. but he won't show up again.

I found how I can create the creature Degardar with console but nothing happens if I try to talk to the guy. I also tried the DegardarSpawn command but it didn't work, seems the command isn't registered, in fact it seems nothing beginning with C: works, the CLUA stuff works though, even though I have the EE edition.

Here's what I have in the Global Variables in eeKeeper:

DEGARDANSPAWN: 26238348

EDWINCOMPLAIN: 18730960

EDWINCOMPLAINABOUTSCROLL: 17452254

EDWINJOB: 5

EDWINSCROLL: 18125901

EDWINTALKEDABOUTSCROLL: 2

EDWINWANTSSCROLL: 1

Anyone know what I have to do to fix it?

Thanks / h

Comments

• shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 201
    Happened to me too. I usually reload an older save and resume gameplay.

Once you know how to solve and approach certain quests, such problems
    will go away. But on an initial run it can be annoying indeed.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 657
    edited January 25
    I’ve been told that Edwin’s enchantment wears off at the end of SoA and beginning of ToB which you might see as another way of ending his scroll related quest. Therefore killing Degardan on the first meeting is just another option, you’ll just miss the second conversation with him where you have the chance for him to kill Edwin (for 5000 gold reward from Degardan) or vice versa (for Degardan’s XP and loot), so actually you haven’t missed much, what you’ve done is just an alternative way of dealing with Edwin’s quest.

I’ve also been told there are no potential conflicts between Edwin and Minsc while Edwin stays female, so this is a potential advantage to the route you chose.
    Post edited by Dharius on