Skip to content

Here's how to get Shadowkeeper working

Heya.

I got Shadowkeeper working for BGEE. Here's what I did:

1. Follow directions for Windows in the OP at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1
2. This will allow you to access Item/Spell/Creature Browsers, but no saved games. The following steps will allow saved games as well:
3. Open an elevated command prompt. If you are using Windows XP, and your user is in the Administrators group, a normal command prompt will do. See http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69221-how-open-elevated-command-prompt.html for Windows Vista/7 users.
4. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766 or wherever your chitin.key file is.
5. Type the following:
mklink /J .\save\ "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save"
6. Run Shadowkeeper. It will probably tell you your installation path is incorrect, or it will load your legacy BG2 installation.
7. Go to Settings, then Installation Directory.
8. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ or wherever your chitin.key file is saved.
9. Click OK. It will warn you that the Shadows of Amn executable was not found, and if you are sure. Click Yes.
10. It will tell you to restart Shadowkeeper. Do so, and you're in.

Backing up your saved games before editing is HIGHLY recommended, even moreso than before.

Comments

• GavinfoxxGavinfoxx Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    How about for windows xp where we have to use the ntfslink tool, and the mklink command doesn't work? I made an attempt to make the 'save' folder and make an ntfs hardlink... but I get the 'unable to read the text resources' error..
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    I think that maybe just a regular shortcut in your 00766 folder to the save location in your documents *might* work. Otherwise, I don't know.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Easiest way is to Copy your save file over to the SoA folder and then copy it back in after you adjusted it

• tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Do you need SoA game to make use of this utility?
  • roukanroukan Member Posts: 2
    I followed the above instructions, but when I run the shadowkeeper.exe is says it can not open any of the .uld files even though they are all listed there in the same file/place. Please help I need to chnage my main character's alinement so I can use Drizzet's scimitar +3 which is only alowed by good alinement characters(mine is neutral). I really do not want to start over...thanks...
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    tyl998 said:

Do you need SoA game to make use of this utility?

Yes I believe so
  • roukanroukan Member Posts: 2
    Nevermind...I got it to work..thanks...
  • SkagiSkagi Member Posts: 5
    There is a MUCH easier way to do this. Simply if you have SoA copy the BG EE save to SoA save directory. Then use Shadowkeeper on SoA and edit the save from BG EE. You need to copy the BG EE save to the original directory afterwards of course.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's a new tool specifically for BGEE, which @Troodon80 has lovingly called EEKeeper. Link