Skip to content

HoW:TotL from scratch (solo, HoF, magic school restrictions)

YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
I started a new run only in HoW, going directly to the TotL.

Gnome, true neutral, Cleric/Illusionist, STR= DEX=18, CON=15, INT=19, WIS=17, CHA=3.

Starting level: 9/10, wizard spells are restricted to the Illusion/Phantasm school + Find Familiar, Identify and Knock.

My previous runs were on Insane difficulty:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/83050/how-totl-only-from-scratch-solo-moderate-stats-insane-diff
Post edited by Yigor on

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 536
    Current status: clearing the Watchknights Crypt, level 11/11. 👈
  • HermeticsHermetics Member Posts: 25
    Does hof make find familiar a beast? Might be pretty interesting if it becomes a combat viable pet if it gets those hof bonuses. Solo hof sounds like such tedium not gonna lie. Like you're immortal just off of being a mage but sitting there afking swinging your sword on masses of mobs with 300hp each sounds ugh. and low level so you don't have access to those really good aoe spells yet. Did you deliberately avoid visiting the barbarian village to keep your exp low for the challenge?
    edited November 2023
    Hermetics wrote: »
    Does hof make find familiar a beast?

My familiar is a rabbit. LoL 🐇😸 Useless in fights, but it can disable some traps. 😜

Hermetics wrote: »
    Solo hof sounds like such tedium not gonna lie. Like you're immortal just off of being a mage but sitting there afking swinging your sword on masses of mobs with 300hp each sounds ugh. and low level so you don't have access to those really good aoe spells yet. Did you deliberately avoid visiting the barbarian village to keep your exp low for the challenge?

Actually, I played a lot solo HoF, starting at level 1 in Easthaven. This run in TotL is kinda extreme even for "normal HoF". Yeah, I avoided the barbarian village for an additional surviving challenge. 😉
    @Hermetics Contrary to the Legacy of Bhaal in BG, summoned monsters are quite tough in HoF. My cleric/illusionist uses, in particular, Shadow Monsters and Demi-Shadow Monsters (illusion/phantasm arcane spells of levels 4 et 5 repectively).