Skip to content

Lichdom for BG2EE & EET: Merry Lichmas!

EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
edited February 23 in BGII:EE Mods
UPDATE: Lichdom is also in beta for compatibility with BG2EE as well as EET! Lichdom BG2EE v0.2 still needs testing to ensure the SoA >> ToB Lichdom transition works correctly.

Whatever day it is, have you ever wished you could become a Lich in BG2? If so, this mod is for you! (If not, you can safely skip it. Move on.)

Becoming a Lich is a high-cost, high-benefit option, and likely a lifelong commitment for that character. Those wanting to sample many effects of becoming a Lich without the permanent transformation should talk to Sister Garlena outside Watcher’s Keep and buy a Crown of the Lich from her.

Those interested in the Lichdom ritual quest line should talk to Gravetender Morris in Athkatla’s Graveyard District (SoA) or Saradush (ToB).

Directly download the mod from GitHub today!

Browse the GitHub repository's main page. Many questions are answered here!

Thanks to @lcaeet for his help with coding the mod! Direct all coding-related questions and concerns for this mod to him, including any bug reports.

This is an early version. I repeat: This is an early version. We again request your help finding any bugs in this mod to help bring it confidently to a full 1.0 release and perfecting the ritual.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
Post edited by Endarire on

Comments

• lcaeetlcaeet Member Posts: 27
    I just want to say it was a lot of fun to work on this mod. As Endarire said, it's an early release so please contact me if you run into any technical issues.

Enjoy!
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    edited December 2023
    Interesting. I may test this on my next run through in 2024. (And then I'll give more useful
    feedback, too.)

We have about three mods now with a lich theme yes? I mean to turn into a lich or something.
    Or perhaps semi-lich or lich-like properties.

One is the love-undead mod by Lava if I recall correctly. Then there is the extended planar
    sphere, which is a bit overpowered in general, but I liked the idea of turning into a lich (I
    had Jan do so - always good to see the gnome kids look at lich dad Jan). And this here is
    the third mod with a lich theme right? Though it seems to go farther by centering things
    about the lich theme altogether.

Some of the defaults seem hard though such as 120.000 gp. I understand that this can
    be configured, but isn't attaining 120.000 gp before ToB very hard, even with lots of "regular"
    mods installed?

I think for my next run through next year I may have Dusk turn into a lich; it simply sounds
    fun to have a wizard slayer give in to evil!

Anyway. The github page is very, very detailed which is great. Perhaps one more question:
    are there "attachable" items? Something like "eye of vecna" (not sure if I mix up the games
    now) or anything else, like Kangaxx needing body parts. Or a semi-lich variant.

Would also be great if, since this theme fits to an evil play-through, we may get some
    stronghold option, be it lich, semi-lich, demi-lich, vampire, half-vampire, anything. (Or perhaps
    I should have Dorn become a lich ... by the way I have not noticed Dorn be mentioned; I am
    currently finishing Dorn's quest, which is why I was thinking of Dorn. Anyway, happy new
    year (soon) everyone! Evil rejoices with this mod! \o/
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    It looks promising.
    Congratz for the release.
    I just realised one has to have EET installed, when I tried to install Lichdom. I missed that upon
    reading through it - naturally it is documented on the github page.

I actually did not know EET before altogether.

The link provides for:

https://github.com/Gibberlings3/EET

However had, I am scared of trying something like this, as I have had problematic results in the
    past concerning big "tweak" mods in general. So, after I am quite used to lava's mods (usually
    small-ish, standalone mods), I kind of prefer mods that ideally do not require other huge mods
    to be installed, if that is possible. Even the big worldmap mod caused issues for me in the
    past, although that may also be due to some old other mods.

But, even more important than that, I actually don't really want to use EET at all.

The discussion forum is also not ... super-active anymore at EET; for instance at:

https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/30243-eet_tweaks-v112-released/page/3/#comments

The last question from 2023 "Is EET tweaks compatible with SCS and Tweaks Anthology?" was
    not answered, which does not inspire me with much confidence. I can absolutely understand
    people wondering about things like that, due to side effects that seem to exist sometimes.

Now to be also fair - and I understand that this is not solely the fault of those who created
    the lichdom mod, by the way - this is also mentioned in the README:

"What plans do you have to make a BG2EE version of Lichdom that doesn't require EET?"

"LCA, the coder of this mod, has an estimated release date of 2024 which he set to allow himself time
    for all relevant projects."

So, no problem, I suppose this requirement may be dropped eventually, which I think is
    good - it gives us users more flexibility (e. g. we don't have to mandatory install EET
    only for one mod, for instance). For my next run through in 2024, that means I'll not
    test lichdom but instead leave that to the more bold explorers (well, hopefully when
    EET is no longer mandatory), so for that run I'll test the neverwinter night mod and
    the search guild thingy (the detective stuff). This was only meant as a little bit of
    feedback in regards to requirements for mods.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    Hello, I would try this mod, if it didn't force me to play EET.
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 42
    Got an error Message on my EET Installation;

oax648urte7c.jpg

Any Ideas?
  • Kensei_xXxKensei_xXx Member Posts: 42
    So one month gone and no reply? Installation Error still appearing as well on the latest Mod Version.

Is this Thread still alive?
    Good to see the recent release at https://github.com/LCA-EET/Lichdom/releases - I'll add that to my next run through (not yet sure when I can) and give some feedback afterwards.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    UPDATE: Lichdom is also in beta for compatibility with BG2EE as well as EET! Lichdom BG2EE still needs testing to ensure the SoA >> ToB Lichdom transition works correctly.

Otherwise, thankee everyone for your encouragement and excitement about this mod! Alleluia!
  • bouncer1798bouncer1798 Member Posts: 6
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »

oax648urte7c.jpg

Any Ideas?

I also got this error. It looks like an incompatability with The Longer Road mod. Will test it later today and confirm.
  • lcaeetlcaeet Member Posts: 27
    Kensei_xXx wrote: »

oax648urte7c.jpg

Any Ideas?

I also got this error. It looks like an incompatability with The Longer Road mod. Will test it later today and confirm.

The problem file, "xaldtlr.d", isn't included in the installer. You might have extracted the current installation archive to a folder that contains some superseded files from an older version of the mod. Delete any existing Lichdom or Lichdom_EET folders, extract the installer, then try installing again.

Also, the EET version was superseded. You should download the EE version, which includes code ensuring compatibility with EET.

https://github.com/LCA-EET/Lichdom/releases/tag/v1.0

Please reach out if there are any further questions, thanks.
    I did exactly as you described and I am getting this error when using the v1.0 with ascension and longer road mods.

The Longer Road mod detected. Updating dialogs accordingly...
    Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
    ERROR: compiling [LICHDOM/compat/tlr/d/xaldtob.d]!
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Lichdom for the Baldur's Gate, Enhanced Edition Games.], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 1326 files for [LICHDOM/LICHDOM.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 1326 files for [LICHDOM/LICHDOM.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Sys_error("LICHDOM/compat/tlr/d/xaldtob.d: No such file or directory")
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-LICHDOM.DEBUG and look for support at: Daniel Valle, dan@danielvalle.net
    Using Language [English]

Attached is my weidu.log file and setup.debug file.

edited April 23
    Because the above error shows that the xaldtob.d file is missing I tried to simply rename the "compat/tlr/d/xaldsod.d" file to "xaldtob.d" but then I got the first error that was reported.
    Post edited by bouncer1798 on