Skip to content

Where is Edwin ?

I can't find him in the coalition camp. It is a clutter there and I looked everywhere. I can't find him

Comments

• SoidoSoido Member Posts: 338
    edited February 13
    Okay Edwin is probably dead without my knowledge. I remember the Troll Claw Woods camp was attacked by some spectral trolls which were chasing me to the camp. Edwin must have died there in the fight when the militia attacked the spectral trolls. I have no other explanation why he is missing. It is not reputation either because my reputation is 10.

I found in youtube from one walkthrough, Edwin's position in the coalition camp is here red circle, but he is not there for me.

ko6hhp4vpvic.png
    edited February 13
    Actually I have another hypothesis. I might have not recruited Edwin at all. When I first met him in Coast Way Crossing I did not add him to the party and told him to go to camp to wait for me. He did, I know I seen him there waiting for me afterwards but what I hypothesize is that when you leave that area and move to Troll Claw Woods the game is glitched and coded poorly and Edwin does not transfer. This is most likely cause, because if he died during that minor battle with the spectral trolls I would have noticed, he wears bright red robe and I remember only two regular guards died to the trolls.

So if you plan playing this add-on SoD remember to always add them to the party AT LEAST ONCE or they will not transfer ever to the new areas. if not in the active party but I added him at least onANd the old areas get locked (due to lame design from beam dog). Overall I don't enjoy SoD not sure if will be finished even. It feels contrived and not in line with the spirit of Baldur's Gate. Feels also very packed, feels forced and quite linear with little to no freedom, feels small and stuffed with too much stuff in small space. It is not a good add-on imo
    But then why is Baeloth in the camp ? I also did never add him to the party, yet he transferred successfully.

Something is going on with Edwin. I have seen other reddit posts people saying they can't find Edwin too.

Indeed he did not transfer properly to Troll Claw Woods from Coast Way Crossing, I have an old save and he is missing even there

ez73jm0gucrn.png
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    This is how Edwin is moved to the Troll Forest in SoD, both for BG:EE and EET. The script block for the main camp is similar. In short: it checks whether Edwin is dead but not in party, then moves him to [375.3535] (Troll Forest) or [1812.1711] (big camp).
    The scripts do not check whether you met him at the first camp at all.
    IF
    	Global("bd_move_edwin","bd7100",0)  // Troll Forest
    	!Dead("edwin")  // Edwin
    	!InPartyAllowDead("edwin")  // Edwin
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetGlobal("bd_move_edwin","bd7100",1)  // Troll Forest
    		MoveGlobal("bd7100","edwin",[375.3535])  // Edwin
    		ActionOverride("edwin",Face(E))
    		ApplySpellRES("bdrejuve","edwin")  // No such index
    		ChangeEnemyAlly("edwin",NEUTRAL)  // Edwin
    		ChangeSpecifics("edwin",ALLIES)  // Edwin
    		ActionOverride("edwin",SetGlobal("bd_joined","locals",0))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",SetGlobal("bd_retreat","locals",0))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","bd_default_loc",Myself))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",ChangeAIScript("bdedwin",OVERRIDE))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",ChangeAIScript("bdasc3",CLASS))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",ChangeAIScript("BDSHOUT",RACE))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",ChangeAIScript("BDMAGE01",GENERAL))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
    		ActionOverride("edwin",SetDialog("bdedwin"))
    		Continue()
    END

If he doesn't show up for you, it indeed seems that he is dead.
    edited February 13
    Can you check if Baeloth script is identical ? I cant imagine Edwin dying in Coast Way Crossing.

If script is identical then I have to assume I accidentally must have told him to go home instead of wait for me at camp.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,681
    Seems similar:
    IF
    	Global("bd_move_baeloth","bd7100",0)  // Troll Forest
    	GlobalGT("bd_baeloth_join","global",0)
    	!Dead("baeloth")  // Baeloth
    	!InPartyAllowDead("baeloth")  // Baeloth
    THEN
    	RESPONSE #100
    		SetGlobal("bd_move_baeloth","bd7100",1)  // Troll Forest
    		MoveGlobal("bd7100","baeloth",[775.3530])  // Baeloth
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",Face(NW))
    		ApplySpellRES("bdrejuve","baeloth")  // No such index
    		ChangeEnemyAlly("baeloth",NEUTRAL)  // Baeloth
    		ChangeSpecifics("baeloth",ALLIES)  // Baeloth
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",SetGlobal("bd_joined","locals",0))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",SetGlobal("bd_retreat","locals",0))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","bd_default_loc",Myself))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",ChangeAIScript("bdbaelot",OVERRIDE))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",ChangeAIScript("bdasc3",CLASS))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",ChangeAIScript("BDSHOUT",RACE))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",ChangeAIScript("BDMAGE01",GENERAL))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
    		ActionOverride("baeloth",SetDialog("bdbaelot"))
    		Continue()
    END

The "Global("bd_baeloth_join","global")" it checks for makes sure Baeloth's "pit" scene played.

With regard to Edwin, there is nothing in that script block that makes him not appear if he's not dead. I just looked at his dialogue: he'll wait at the camp even if you tell him to get lost.

You could do the following to get him back:
    In the cheat console, type:
    C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADEdwin","GLOBAL",0)

This should give you Edwin back when you are in camp. I can't guarantee his greeting dialogue will match, but it's worth a try.

Hmm that's strange. Thanks anyway. That's fine I will play without Edwin, for a change. I used him in all BG1. Mages are overrated.

It is just strange he would disappear. He couldn't have died anywhere in Coast Way Crossing. Nothing attacks the camp there to expose him to random fight. When I said previously the spectral trolls, well they are in the next area and you can see from my save that he is missing upon entering the area. The troll accident did not occur yet.

Here is one reddit post saying they can't find Edwin as well. Something is going on but whatever

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/i5k85l/where_is_edwin_in_sod/