Skip to content

[mod] Bethany NPC for IWD EE

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
Here comes a new IWDEE companion... along with some headache and her runny nose!

y7tyqgn4ulrr.png

The mod adds a new companion, Bethany Vivielle Helena Corthala, a town medium (shaman kit) who always wanted to be a hat-maker. However, she has an ability to see the dead and it's really hard to be a fashion expert, attend to all these social events, and show everyone how great you can be when you are haunted by the dead. So, she could use a little distraction and... fame, because it can be quite useful for someone who wants to open her own business when it's all over.

Bethany can join the party right after you start a new game, and she can be found in Easthaven. She comes with a friendship, some items, interjections and a mini-quest later in the game.

Special thanks to @morpheus562 and Sarah, Bethany's voice!

Download
Forum

Enjoy!

(The crossmod content is yet to be written and added to the IWD Crossmod Banther Pack)

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    Congratulations on the release!
  • megrimlockmegrimlock Member Posts: 40
    Cool! Valygar's granny?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    More like great great grandaunt? :) But she's sooo much different and she deals with family matters differently too :)

Thanks!
  • AciferAcifer Member Posts: 153
    Cool - a very creative and unique idea! Congratulations on the release!
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    Congrats and thank you!
    Hardest part of IWD will be to choose 5 NPC between all of yours and Artisan's ones. ^^
    Thanks!

The idea is to also give people a reason to replay the game :)
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 880
    Awesome! B)

(I hope there is some crossmod content with Xikâsz, as these are the two companions I definitely want to use next time I play IWDEE.)
  • FrenzgynFrenzgyn Member Posts: 80
    Literally yesterday I thanked you for the unending support you give to your mods and today you come with a new NPC and an update.

What can I say? :D

TOO MUCH! STOP! PLZ! :):):)

(Congratulation for the release)
    Thanks!
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    thanks for the mods as always !!! . IWD just lacks more "difficulty" , it becomes very easy
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 502
    alaisFcZ wrote: »
    thanks for the mods as always !!! . IWD just lacks more "difficulty" , it becomes very easy
    Since last version, Sword Coast Stratagem also works on IWD. :)
  • alaisFcZalaisFcZ Member Posts: 26
    @Trouveur Hi !!! I'm testing it now and I'm in the valley of the shadows, I see little difference so far, let's hope it gets harder later haha
  • HermeticsHermetics Member Posts: 24
    edited March 19
    alaisFcZ wrote: »

Think iwdee fundamentally can't be difficult for a veteran player especially since there are few mages and the only special encounters are the few boss fights. Otherwise it is a sort of diablo style dungeon crawl using 2.5e, on top of your party being fully under your control. You'd have to do challenge runs where you can only build 1 character and the rest are chosen by randomizer or something. Even on hof it's too easy to just optimize a party that comes online at lvl 9 and 13 by the early and mid game with the xp being multiplied several times. The best difficulty I can come up with off the top of my head is hof mode but with exp cut in half so you can't just solve the game in minutes through min maxing, and house rules banning cheese mechanics like web and summons so that you're forced to build a proper tank line. I'd argue banning sorcerers or skald ie you can have one in a party not both, as the optimal party I think has 2 minimum 3 if you also want a base bard. It's too easy to reduce the masses of mobs into nothing when it's just a question of math, like the skill expression ends at did you make a good party and do you know how said party functions together as a unit. I never played throne of bhaal mode on bgee or the sequel but from what I understand there's no exp bonus so it's just torturing yourself and forcing cheese, so a good middle ground would be an exp bonus but not to the degree of hof mode which I believe invalidates the difficulty by the second dungeon, like all the difficulty is essentially solved by the time you reach the forgotten temple and even vale of shadow's isn't too big a deal if you had a good party, it's just that orc cave that's painful since you have nothing to fall back on but your early fighter and possibly your druid.

Also the game is likely very challenging for kids who are teen and under I'm assuming most of the player base at this point is over 20, dnd itself isn't particularly kid friendly since there's so much knowledge you need before you can play the game properly and there's not much flashy to entertain.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 53
    I wish there were more crazy high powered mage encounters in the game. It would really make a lot of the mage spells more useful like Breach, etc. As it stands most of Icewind Dale's encounters are endurance encounters, which I do love, by the way, but I'd still wish they included more varied types of encounters as well.
  • Dalmir_The_DarkDalmir_The_Dark Member Posts: 53
    More like great great grandaunt? :) But she's sooo much different and she deals with family matters differently too :)

Thanks!

Ooh! I wonder if she's able to share any history on Lavok.
    She mentions him a couple of times, but this is a story of Bethany, who tells her own story :)
    Enjoy!