Skip to content

Sarevok Romance mod issue

bubbleTeabagBrainbubbleTeabagBrain Member Posts: 5
edited April 29 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi, I ran into trouble when playing steam latest version of BG2: Enhanced Edition. Whenever triggers Sarevok Love Talks, no matter it's initiated by the player or Sarevok, the game freezes and crashes. I uninstalled the mod and the game worked just fine, so I'm sure it's the Sarevok Romance mod having bug or something. I will post the Debug file and Weidu log later. I downloaded a lot of other mods along with Sarevok Romance, there's also some problems with NPC Flirt mod, but it's not fatal so I just uninstalled some parts of the mod and leave it alone. I know I should report this in Spellhold Studio forum but I can't receive the validation email so I can't post anything. Could somebody help me with the mod issue or reprint my issue to the bug report thread of Spellhold Studio? Thank you.

The problem is now solved! Turns out is the issue with encoding format, thanks to Isewein and jastey. So if you are playing the game in other language and runs into similar issue like this, try check the encoding format of the .tra files, it might help. Thanks again!
Post edited by bubbleTeabagBrain on

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 526
    Which other mods do you have installed? And are you perchance running a different language version of the game?
  • bubbleTeabagBrainbubbleTeabagBrain Member Posts: 5
    Isewein wrote: »
    Which other mods do you have installed? And are you perchance running a different language version of the game?

Oh yes, I am playing the game in Chinese version, and I replace the english translations with Chinese traslations, does it affect modding? I attached the Weidu.log to the comment, I'm sorry there are garbled characters due to the encoding format. Thanks for your reply.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,685
    What you describe is usually a sign of a wrongly formatted text. For any Latin letters other than the basic ones (like ö, ä, ß) this matters, and I guess for Chinese, too. For latin letters the formatting for the EEs need to be utf8 without BOM (insted of ANSI something for the classic games), I have no idea what the correct formatting for Chinese would be.
    jastey wrote: »
    What you describe is usually a sign of a wrongly formatted text. For any Latin letters other than the basic ones (like ö, ä, ß) this matters, and I guess for Chinese, too. For latin letters the formatting for the EEs need to be utf8 without BOM (insted of ANSI something for the classic games), I have no idea what the correct formatting for Chinese would be.

Wow thank you! o:) I modified the encoding format of .tra files from ANSI to UTF-8 now the game works smooothly with the mod. Thank you very much for your help!
    Isewein wrote: »

Hi, I just want you to know that the issue is solved! Thank you for your help!