Skip to content

Searching for Mod/Modders

Grumnar1982Grumnar1982 Member Posts: 21
There used to be a list of ID-like tags that a modder would use to ID themselves. Like for inst6ance if I had registered back then mine would have been GW. Does that list still exist in any form? There are a couple of item mods I'm trying to search for, but the only info I have is by that ID-like thing. Or would anyone be willing to listen to a small description of what I'm looking for? BTW Those mods were used like 3-5 years ago, so I barely remember a few of the items.

Comments

• SeeweadSeewead Member Posts: 16
    http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/prefixes/

Maybe looking for this one ?

But my guess is you are trying the most complicated method to find your goal.
  • Grumnar1982Grumnar1982 Member Posts: 21
    Seewead wrote: »
    http://www.blackwyrmlair.net/prefixes/

Maybe looking for this one ?

But my guess is you are trying the most complicated method to find your goal.

Yep. That is the list of which I was seeking. You're also most likely correct that I'm going about this is the most difficujlt manner. But unfortunately, I'm not sure what else to do. Haha. Is there a better method?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,700
    If you give a small description (and a useful topic title, too) there might be someone who remembers.
    jastey wrote: »
    If you give a small description (and a useful topic title, too) there might be someone who remembers.

That makes sense. As for the title, I figured that what I put is exactly what I'm looking for, but after rereading it, I can see that is's not 100% clear. But just as an example, what bwould you put as a title if looking for a certain older mod(s)?
    I was mislead by "Modder" - I was thinking you are looking for modding help.
    Maybe "Searching for an old mod which uses prefix xy / has this and that content" would be more straight foreward.
    I at least am still not sure what it is you are searching for.
    Basically exactly what you said. Just searching for older mods. I figured trying to track down (or at least know who modded it) would be useful for my search. As I found a couple older mods from A7 (Argent77) by knowing what the prefix was on some of his file names.

But next time I will take your advice and simplify what I'm looking for, or at the least be more direct.

I have a bad habit of overthinking.
    If you have mod content with a prefix and want to identify the mod, best give the file names. If you are looking for a specific older mod for a download, best give a small summary.
    Or maybe you meant it in a more unspecific way, like looking for mods you don't know yet. Then probably asking whether people have sugestions would do the trick.
    What I'm trying to say: the more specific info you give the better we could help finding the mod you are looking for.