Skip to content

No Config Menu??

LanternekassenLanternekassen Member Posts: 1
edited December 2012 in Not An Issue
I just installes BG:EE and went on playing. i noticed the game was really slow, so i decided to change the FPS to speed up the game, just like in BG 2. but i didn´t find any Config menu like in BG 2. Aren´t there any or am i missing something??
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The FPS is configurable only by editing the file. There is indeed no separate executable for config settings.
    default setting: 'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '30',
  • LoremasterLoremaster Member Posts: 212

There is indeed no separate executable for config settings.

Why? It would make changes easier.

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    The development team is very small. The time spent on things is carefully planned. Assigning a developer (10% of your workforce) to build a config menu that a very small amount of people will use is a waste of time. That's not to say one will not be developed in the future but up to this point it's a very low priority.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Can't one old config meno from the old games be adapted? It's really being missed atm, i got an bug with mods that disabled my keyboard numbers to select characters, in the old game the problem would be easly solved, atm i'm facing a true battle to solve this issue.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    If a config program is desired, I can have get one made in-between other things. That way, the devs are still free to not have to worry about it. However, it will probably only be for Windows (although who can say).

Give me about a week (or possibly less) and I'll get back with an update. It won't take long to make - the problem is finding the time to actually sit down and do that (I barely have any time to even work on EE Keeper, but a config program is easy).
    @Troodon80 i would really apreciate that, cos i don't have an unninstall option on BG EE, and the mods i installed corrupted the keyboard assignments to select characters.
    edited May 2013
    Keyboard assignments shouldn't be difficult. That's:

'Keymap Miscellaneous', '[Action]', '[Key Number]'

I'll have to take a look and see what keys correspond to what numbers. It'll be easy enough. I can't give you a definitive date or time, but I should imagine some time this week. Depends on how busy I am :).
    the key number part, @Troodon80, how to assign it to at least have back the numbers 1 to 6 in function selecting individually my characters (based on their positions on the party)?
    'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 1', '49', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 2', '50', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 3', '51', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 4', '52', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 5', '53', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Character 6', '54', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Characters 1&2', '55', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Characters 3&4', '56', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Characters 5&6', '57', 'Keymap Quick Slots', 'Select all', '48'

The corresponding keys will be:

Character 1=1
    Character 2=2
    Character 3=3
    Character 4=4
    Character 5=5
    Character 6=6
    Characters 1&2=7
    Characters 3&4=8
    Characters 5&6=9
    Select all=0
    Forgot to tag @kamuizin.
    edited May 2013
    So, i just add these on program options of baldurs.ini or under game options @Troodon80? By the way? thx for the help.

Just tested, but to no avail :(! Apparently i heard that another person face the same problem after installing the following mode:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15927/super-ultimate-portrait-pack

@Draith012 is facing the same problem atm.
    @kamuizin, just copy and past to the end of the INI file, that should do it. If you have any doubts, you can just upload the INI file and I'll take a look (it might be worth uploading regardless). I'm downloading the portrait pack now, but it's 130MB so it'll take a while.
    Didn't work also, i'm attaching my baldur.ini file now, i can attach my chitin,key file also, if you think that's necessary.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    kamuizin said:

i can attach my chitin,key file also, if you think that's necessary.

You can also attach your CHAAnim.bif, that would be helpful...
    @kamuizin, I have just finished downloading and installing the portrait pack. When I tried it, I found no problem using the selection keys.

Can you tell me what other mods you might have installed?
    @kamuizin, okay, one last silly question: what type of keyboard are you using?
    Common from what i know @Troodon80, but isn't a problem with the keyboard i think because other functions with the numbers can be done inside the game.

I can write on the journal or write on CLUAConsole, only the bind between the numbers and the select command of party members can't be achieved, @Coriander in the below thread explained that the Key binds are SDL keycodes, whatever be that.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/309845/#Comment_309845
    @kamuizin;

Okay, so even though you'll still have to wait a while (both for the program and probably a patch for the game), I figured I'd give an update.

I had a few minutes spare during lunch at work today, as well as over the last two days, so I got the basics down:

I should be able to get it looking somewhat decent over the weekend and next week. I still have to go through all the different settings and find out what ones are even still in use from the old BGConfig (which is why you can see a number of disabled options).

Most of the options are working as intended and saving to the INI file, except (saving) the hot keys - which I'll be working on soon.
    WOW, real nice dude, if you achieve this project certain not only me will be grateful cos i researched the forum for a while and exist some more people with this same problems of hotkeys.
    @Troodon80, it's openable the tool, some minor things aren't answering well, as changing the system resolution doesn't work at all, others lead to fatal error as try to revert the config menu before set anything (if nothing exist to revert the menu crashes), other than that, in time i will give more feedback of the tool.

Most of the tools that doesn't have an counterpart usable in the game options itself is not functional, the character keyboard assignments are corrupted, with an dump file registering the error, but at least change the .ini now made something, it's not functional now but probally we're walking here, before when i had to change the baldurs.ini itself the game didn't even recognize the changes and just errase them after i closed baldurs.ini

Made a double post cos i neeed to send the last .dump error file from the attempt of change the hotkeys.

Ps: i had to completly delete my baldurs.ini to make the game usable again.
    Ps2: even if i set the optional key with the same key as the custom one, the game still crashes.