Skip to content

Solo HoF spellcasters against bosses?

Tell me your tricks and exploits! I see @Wisterias has one with Time Stop, Shapechange, and Enchanted Weapon. What else is out there, especially for divine casters against the biggest bosses?

Note: I took a break at Lower Dorn’s and ended up losing my saves from my solo totemic Druid run. I’m currently running a near-max Cleric/Illusionist and thinking ahead to the toughest fights.

Comments

• YigorYigor Member Posts: 646
    Lucky 1-hit petrification of Yxunomei by the Flail of Mae. 😉
  • YigorYigor Member Posts: 646
    Imho, in the original IWD, only Belhifet could be really problematic (other bosses can be beaten in the straightforward manner, just use summoning extensively) . Otherwise, some fights in TotL might be quite hard too. ⚔️
  • WisteriasWisterias Member Posts: 56
    Aerich wrote: »
    Tell me your tricks and exploits! I see @Wisterias has one with Time Stop, Shapechange, and Enchanted Weapon. What else is out there, especially for divine casters against the biggest bosses?

Note: I took a break at Lower Dorn’s and ended up losing my saves from my solo totemic Druid run. I’m currently running a near-max Cleric/Illusionist and thinking ahead to the toughest fights.

Aerial Servants!
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 163
    I thought Aerial Servants only hit with +2. If they can hit B_______, that will simplify things considerably. I do really love the Cleric/Mage exploit/strategy of using Project Image to summon and buff Servants.
    I thought Aerial Servants only hit with +2. If they can hit B_______, that will simplify things considerably. I do really love the Cleric/Mage exploit/strategy of using Project Image to summon and buff Servants.

Mmmm, will have to test this...

Tested. Yes, Aerial Servants can damage B. by themselves, but the hard part is to keep them alive xD