Skip to content

BG:EE GUI Mods have started

Someone with speedy modding skills has already put together a new UI mod for BG:EE.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55547-classic-gameplay-windows-for-bgee-10/

It appears to reapply the BG1 UI. I haven't checked or tested this in any way - thought I'll let y'all know as soon as I saw it though.

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It looks really nice. However, it only affects the main battle screen and not all the other UI menus if I read the description correctly. Trent mentioned it on his twitter feed.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's 48 hours after the game was released. That's pretty impressive even if it is only the main screen. I'm sure it'll be updated as time passes.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    Great! Now, someone please make a mod that removes the new NPC's, items and movies.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Does it work without going through tech hell to enable mod use? The one "mod" I'm really looking for is a replacement for Weidu!
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited December 2012
    Yep, just drop the files into your override folder. Done.

It really works - it is however just the main screen as the modder mentions. If you go into the inventory the whole UI flips back to the new UI (which I like - just wish the icons were a bit crisper) etc...

The clock doesn't work and again the icons could be sharper but still, hats off to the guy.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Does it work without going through tech hell to enable mod use? The one "mod" I'm really looking for is a replacement for Weidu!

What's wrong with Weidu?
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    This is cool

I've gotten used to the new UI now and quite like it. I just needs some polish.

I'd like to see the icons imbedded into the stone like the original. Currently they just kinda sit on top.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    @belgarathmth

Weidu is hardly tech hell. If anything it's made the modding scene what it is. Never had any problems with it.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @begolf00 I think he meant that he wants something to do what weidu does, but updated to work with BG:EE.

I don't know anything about weidu, so I couldn't say for sure if it will or will not already work with it.
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    @Aosaw

LOL I don't know much about it either. All I know is that trying to get X amount of mods to work properly before modders used Weidu was hard. Thanks for the clarification and sorry if I sounded rude.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,28243.msg330460/boardseen.html#new

new weidu version coming out tuesday supporting bg:ee
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    You misunderstood me. I like Weidu. I need it for BG:EE.

@smeagolheart, thank you, that's what I was looking for.
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Finally a solution. Have that GUI also running, but before there is no complete GUI Mode which replaces all of the Low Resolution Blue One, i refuse to play the game :D
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    AFAIK it's not possible to replace the GUI with high resolution one, because the game does the upscaling. You'll have to wait until Overhaul fixes it.
    edited December 2012
    well, if a modder makes a 1920x1080 resolution gui, upscaling can go to hell then :D

And i am sure something WILL happen, because as the EE GUI is now, this is less then acceptable
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    seems pointless.... now a mod that lets you up the FPS to 60 would be neat.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Any complete GUI mod will have to cover hundreds of screens. It'll be some time before we see one.
    edited December 2012
    well, i mean complete.. in the terms that it just replaces the main gui elements.. buttons on the left, main element on the right and main element at the bottom.

The golden low resolution buttons on the left are really the problem. If a mod would fix that that they are not to see anymore, all would be fine.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited December 2012
    Looks very nice!
    It doesn't look ugly copy-pasted, as some GUI for higher res vanilla BG.

I hope this will be further developed and Beamdog includes it as another GUI to choose in BG:EE game options, so you can switch GUIs whenever you want.
    edited December 2012
    as long as there is finally a high res gui... then i could also start to play :D

but i can wait, i have played nothing at all since around 5 or more years, only the news that baldur's gate will be enhanced has brought me out of my hiding spot... perhaps it is time to go back to that place for at least one year :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Where does the override folder go guys?
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Ah, just figured it out! Nice start I guess, considering its only been two days... Ive always been unsure about the colour scheme of the new UI, but at east I know I can go back to the old one for sure!