[MOD RELEASE] RANDOMIZER 0.1 Beta
EIEIEI1903
Member Posts: 3
Mod-Randomizer
This is the official discussion page for my mod: Randomizer
The Randomizer is a tool for randomizing playthroughs. At the start of each session, a roll of the dice determines which companions you'll encounter as the game progresses.
Download the Randomizer below
The Randomizer should always be installed at last (after you installed your mods). Technically it hast no installer, becauser the installer is the programm at the same time. It's a D6 dice that evaluates your worldstate.
The Randomizer is still in development. Therefore errors may still occur! In future times, the randomizer could become/grow in something like a world state tool. In every case it will get something for the Baldurs Gate 2 and 3 edition of it (one day).
Some mods are not included ( such as Aerie in Baldurs Gate 1 and Brage). This was Intentional! There is a Read me! You should read it.
Note:
This is my first mod, so please be patient with me. I played Baldur's Gate for the first time in my life two years ago, and I'm new to the modding scene. I hope you like it and that some of you will give it a try.Please don't confuse this mod with the “Item Randomizer” by FredrikLindgren, which has the same name! The mods are unrelated, but they might run together to a limited extent. I still thought the name was practical. Since there are already discussions about this on the Kerzenburg forum, I’ll consider changing the name if I receive appropriate feedback. However, this isn’t so easy with a software product on the Internet. So far, it hasn’t been a problem and hasn’t caused any compatibility issues.
Post edited by EIEIEI1903 on
0
Comments
The ones you mentioned can be found on the Beamdog forum, buried in various posts. It’s possible that I didn’t list them all—or that I listed too many. While I was testing this, I realized that 100% random assignment would be counterproductive. Future releases will address this issue.
There will also be a Baldur’s Gate 2 version. This isn’t very well thought out, because first, all the decisions the player makes in mods (items they collect, etc.) as well as in the main game need to be logged by the randomizer—much like in Dragon Age—and then carried over to BG II (just like in EET, but without EET). Maybe I’ll make another tool for that. I’ll also take suggestions from the community into account here. At the very end it should cover BG1-3.
Over the past year, I’ve been working on massive Baldur’s Gate 2 projects, but they’re currently at a standstill. I’ll definitely keep working on the randomizer. But next, I’d like to start working on a German localisation of a BG3 mod—without which I wouldn’t be able to play BG3 (it would be unbearable). So small projects like the BG1 randomizer or translation projects are more realistic for me than the other things I’m working on.
BGII is more complex in its companions. For example, Imoen is simply expected to join you through the game's start and into Athkatla for her scene. Valygar is needed to enter the Planar Sphere. Neera provides access to the Wild Forest. Aerie is an illusionary Ogre in the circus. Montaron and Xzar aren't normally joinable, but various mods make them joinable. I'm unsure how well BGII's more scripting-heavy situation would work this mod, but good job making and releasing something new!
Alleluia!