Skip to content

Everyone to the Friendly Arms Inn!

2»

Comments

• KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    PeteAtoms said:

Maybe put the NPCs on some kind of schedule that determines where an NPC is at any particular time. So based on the in-game time/date, an NPC spawns in various locations as if s/he were actually traveling about.

Believe me, you would grow tired of it very fast.
    "Mhh. It's 5 o'clock. I think Yeslick usualy drink tea at Feldepost at this time. Oh wait! Stupid me! It's Sunday, so he is visiting the temple!"

FAI seems the best, because it's big location. Also, they would go to the inn, because you said them to do so (same thing was happening in BG2). And they better effing obey the Bhaalspawn. For their own sake! ;)
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    Kirkor said:

PeteAtoms said:

Maybe put the NPCs on some kind of schedule that determines where an NPC is at any particular time. So based on the in-game time/date, an NPC spawns in various locations as if s/he were actually traveling about.

Believe me, you would grow tired of it very fast.
    "Mhh. It's 5 o'clock. I think Yeslick usualy drink tea at Feldepost at this time. Oh wait! Stupid me! It's Sunday, so he is visiting the temple!"

FAI seems the best, because it's big location. Also, they would go to the inn, because you said them to do so (same thing was happening in BG2). And they better effing obey the Bhaalspawn. For their own sake! ;)
    That was just a idea I had to compromise. Making all the NPCs head to FAI is convenient for the player, but it is also very contrived and unbelievable as far as immersion goes.

I think it is a better compromise than paying them to stay at the FAI. What happens if you can't afford that? Where do they go then?

The way NPCs had scripted schedules in Oblivion/Skyrim was cool, IMO. Sure, if I'm going to be lazy then I'd like them all to be in one place. if I want something believable, the schedule is a better alternative.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Support
  • RnRClownRnRClown Member Posts: 182
    This would be a fantastic addition. Ultimately, I do not mind where folks go when they're dismissed so long as they do not disappear forever. The Friendly Arm Inn and Beregost would be the two most suitable areas, though. Nashkel isn't too far off the beaten track, either.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    It's very disorienting to go back to playing a traditional "wait in the woods forever upon removal" party in 2013.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I was starting to implement this a few months ago, but complications came up with areas where the party was in some way trapped or escape would be hazardous for a single person.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited February 2013
    SethDavis said:

I was starting to implement this a few months ago, but complications came up with areas where the party was in some way trapped or escape would be hazardous for a single person.

Well, if Mazzy could go back alone to her hometown from friggin' Spellhold, then why wouldn't anyone do the same in BG:EE.

Oh and you want to know, how did she escape from that damn island?
    - Sea turtles!

;)
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    One of the nicest features of BG2 is that when NPCs offer to join your party, or when you remove them from your party, you can tell them to meet you at the Copper Coronet. In BG1, Some of the new characters such as Neera offer to meet up with you at the Friendly Arm if you decline for them to join you, but old NPCs such as Garrick just disappear forever if you decline their first offer to join your party.

It would be awesome if dialogue options were added so that you could tell NPCs to wait for you at the Friendly Arm (or some other location), when you first meet them, or remove them from your party.
  • CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    It would be great if, after leaving the party, every NPC was available at the Friendly Arm in.

IF at least to give Xan his sword! :)
    Plus, it would be nice to see Minsc again...

• CallirgosCallirgos Member Posts: 105
    Yes!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    So any chance this will happen ????