Skip to content

Die Xan! DDDIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!1111

MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
Xan died. 1 hit koed with a crit hit from my polymorphed imp.

Photobucket

*Le sing* 'Impy I love you, love you I do! Impy, I love you coz you killed Xan'.

Comments

• thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    Can you use his dagger if he dies?
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Unfortunately not, but I wonder if you could carry it into BG2, and get a high level thief with UAI, then you could.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Humanoid_Taifun, ROFLMAO!

BTW, welcome back to the new forums.
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    @Humanoid_Taifun Cool image. Are there more in that style?
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    Thanks. This forum is a whole different level of alive when compared to the Bioware-controlled BG forum.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    @The_New_Romance
    Got it from http://artastrophe.deviantart.com/, but apparently he took it down?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Oh, what a pity :(
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Chunking Xan isn't exactly difficult.
    Quartz said:

Chunking Xan isn't exactly difficult.

Indeed it isn't, but it is exceptionally satisfying.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Aaarrr!! ..that whiney 'hinie' female dog!!!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Why would you kill Xan, other than if you find him annoying? Doesn't recruitable NPCs give 0 xp?... or am I mixing up my RPGs again?
    Because I hate him and I'm playing Lawful Evil. I did to him what Edwin would do to Dynahair if he got the chance to.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Fair enough :)
    ..which makes me wish that we could collect throphys!!
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Mungri said:

Unfortunately not, but I wonder if you could carry it into BG2, and get a high level thief with UAI, then you could.

Depends on how they plan to code the item. Xan's Moonblade in BG2 was coded differently than in BG1. You couldn't even move it around in an inventory, sort of like familiars. So, therefore, it automatically disappears once the initial blackout happens.
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I think the original poster is Xzar in disguise...you can't fool me, Xzar! I never loved you!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I use to just shadowkeeper xan sword into my pcs hand.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    I thought I was bad for wanting to punch him repeatedly... I've only ever met him in the tutorial... but now I don't feel so bad :P
    edited December 2012
    When I took this screenshot, it was actually meant to be a teaser of my 4th playthrough video covering the Nashkel 'boss'/ main fights, but I was tired and stopped playing after killing the oozes, so still need to record fighting Nimbul when going back to Nashkel... I'm looking forward to that with just 4 levels of mage and a squishy familiar :x

Graywolf was a complete PITA, until I remembered to grab the rod of frost and use it with blind. On the otherhand the Nashkel mines were easy peasy with spamming sleep all over the place and letting my impy - beast kill all the kobolds, for I installed the universal weapon fighting styles and at levels 1 + 6 my wizard is putting points into two handed weapon style to later complement the swashbuckler levels which took 2 points in quarterstaffs and 1 shortbow. Therefore his current skill with using any weapon is just pathetic.

Due to having to dual class at 6 swashbuckler with the BG1 XP cap, Id have too few weapon proficiencies to fully create a scimitar dual wielder.
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    Xan is the best npc mage in the game.

Hear me out.

You don't have to do a quest for him that requires killing another npc, (Edwin).
    You don't have to take another NPC along with him, (Dynaheir and Minsc are stuck together). I mean sure you can kill one, but I feel bad doing that.
    He doesn't bitch if you have high rep. Maybe at 20 rep. Maybe.
    Blow up spells from evocation school are basically all in wands anyway. Magic Missiles aren't good until at least fifth level caster.
    He has access to all the good buff spells.

50% fire resistance is good when stacked with a ring/robes/potion of fire resistance. Wade into fireballs and get HEALED.

edited December 2012
    ^^ Neera says hello! So does Imoen.

7 con and no magic missile = useless mage.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    Mungri said:

^^ Neera says hello!

There is no difference in terms of health when it comes to 7 constitution vs 14 constitution, unless you plan on using a tome of constitution on her. As for magic missile you can always just use blind, burning hands, or (in the early part of the game) sleep to counter/hurt enemies you'd be most likely to use MM on.
    Shoo elminster, for you are also a crappy mage.
    elminster said:

Mungri said:

^^ Neera says hello!

There is no difference in terms of health when it comes to 7 constitution vs 14 constitution, unless you plan on using a tome of constitution on her. As for magic missile you can always just use blind, burning hands, or (in the early part of the game) sleep to counter/hurt enemies you'd be most likely to use MM on.
    No, it means you have to rest eeeaaach and eeeevverryy time you journey from zone to zone, not sure it was in vanilla BG with exhaustion with low con.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited December 2012
    HexHammer said:

elminster said:

Mungri said:

^^ Neera says hello!

No, it means you have to rest eeeaaach and eeeevverryy time you journey from zone to zone, not sure it was in vanilla BG with exhaustion with low con.

I'm not sure on how fatigue works (in terms of how much sooner some people get it more than others based on constitution) beyond it normally being something you encounter after a day of travel. Idk, just keep him in the back casting spells and don't expect him to be able to hit anything with his sword?
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Yeah, Xan is 2nd only to Edwin in terms of magic asskickery, and that's only because of Edwin's extra spell slots, in fact they work quite well together. Xan handles what divination you need, and edwin handles the few evocation spells that are worth casting (web mostly), and the rest is just plenty of buff/debuff.

His moonblade would've been MUCH more interesting if it was a returning thrown weapon, rather then a melee one. Keep him out of harms way, actually be useful for attack in most situations, could cast strength on himself for a +4 damage boost.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    The only divination you would ever "need" in bg1 is identify. True sight is the next thing, and that's not necessary (or accessible) until bg2. So..... DIE XAN DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!11!!1
  • MechaliburMechalibur Member Posts: 265
    What a pointless and meaningless death.

How appropriate.
  • NecroscopeNecroscope Member Posts: 38
    I'd rather keep Imoen as a Rogue, as Coran is the only other one I'd think of taking and he's four chapters in.

And Neera I can't stand to be around. The whole kit/voice/colour scheme/portrait/her entire being. Irks me.