Skip to content

my teammates attacking each other

AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
Hi

Whenever I initiate a battle some of my teammates begin attacking each other. My party: Me (Paladin), Khalid, Jaheira, Imoen, Xzar, Montharon. For instance Montharon sometimes attacks Jaheira. It's always good vs evil characters, but I don't recall them doing that in vanilla BG. Is this normal? Or is it a bug?
It's very annoying and I have to stop them manually.

Comments

• salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    It's especially normal for Khalid and Jaheira to fight with Xzar and Montaron, but usually there is some dialogue immediately before to indicate that it's about to happen.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    Does this happen regardless of the scripts you use?
  • AlequeAleque Member Posts: 149
    So it is intended? Well ok. I look forward getting rid of some of them.

Does this happen regardless of the scripts you use?

I use Standard attack script on most of them, except for Xzar - he is Wizard Defensive.

• Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    Not sure if it is intended in this manner.
    The normal way would be that they get into an argument, then you lose control over 2 of them, and battle begins. (and it's also supposed at a rather advanced stage of the game)
    A beta tester has also reported it. We're currently looking into it, so if you see anything else, that would help us.
  • ourzourz Member Posts: 6
    Had the same problem, set Jaheira to Cleric Defensive and Xzar to Wizard Passive, then the infighting stopped. No dialogue indicated that they would start fighting.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It's Monty! What do you expect from a evil, backstabbing, rogue who mutters about killing everyone. Just watch him and make sure you relay proper orders to him once and while
    ourz said:

Had the same problem, set Jaheira to Cleric Defensive and Xzar to Wizard Passive, then the infighting stopped. No dialogue indicated that they would start fighting.

Thanks, I'll try.