Skip to content

A note on the tutorial.

My game is buggered. I can't play BGEE because of an intel chip... Not stopped me wandering around on the tutorial. If you create a new character though, he or she will be pretty much over awed by his team mates who are at levels far beyond your level 1 wildmage... Branwen is a level 12 cleric! Still nice to go kill some kobolds... Only problem is your character is pretty much overwhelmed. A little help may be needed, or advice, to make the tutorial flow better.

I propose Belt to advise sending Minsc in first to use his strength and skill when fighting... Or Noobers are gonna find the tutorial hard!

What do other people think?

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    In the game the NPC's you encounter will be at roughly your own level.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Yep. But in the tutorial they are at the level expected AT THE END OF BG1 even a little higher in the case of Branwen. On the other hand, the tutorial was there for people to play at the beginning of BG2...
    Maybe have them scaled down?
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Maybe the tutorial should have you play as random level 8 cleric/Mage?

Or any other high level pre-made NPC for that matter.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    I didn't know Noober was a character in the tutorial.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    Elendar said:

I didn't know Noober was a character in the tutorial.

You should totally be forced to play as noober.

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Maybe I should CTRL-Q him so I have him in my party!
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    If they had changed the tutorial npc's back to level 1 , it would still be fun. The tutorial is quite easy.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    Branwen is level 12 so that when you have her Turn Undead, the skeleton is destroyed as intended. In the beta, there was a bug where if you made a Cleric and tried to turn the skeleton yourself, it would run up the stairs because you were too low level to destroy it. This prevented progress because you couldn't use the stairs at that point, and the tutorial only continues if you destroy the skeleton.