Skip to content

Tazok's Tent - The woes of a first timer.

2»

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Tazok's tent wasn't bed for me. The ARCHER kit is an amazing mage killer. The fast attack leads to many lost spells.

The spiders in the woods near Pelvdale were brutal. It seems that all major spiders are hasted now.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Sword Spiders are meant to be hasted, but not other ones
  • darthchairdarthchair Member Posts: 191
    I remember playing Baldur's Gate in '98 (rhymes!), and had plenty of situations like these. Typically I find the fingers on my left hand predominately hanging over tab, q, and space, whereas my right hand is on the mouse. It's kind of odd since normally I'm used to having my left hand on WASD.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and thank you for not giving up and taking it with good humor. I know it can get frustrating, but once you finally succeed in it...it really does give you a sense of justified satisfaction. ^^
  • and_then_orand_then_or Member Posts: 107
    Love this tread. It is excatly why BG is one of the greatest games written.

I got owned in so many boss battles my first run through. Learning from ones mistakes and the community then evloving your party and tactics is one of the many wonderful aspects of this game.

Failure followed by thought and effort to overcome an obstacle, an important life lesson.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    begolf00 said:

@Cooper

Yes I remember my first time at Tazok's tent, I was feeling pretty good about my self and then I died so many times there. If you need to level and you don't consider it cheating, farm ankheads north of the Friendly Arm Inn. If you want a more normal experience then you'll have to do other quests. There should be some good ones around for you level. Have fun

Hehe, 'farm' ankhegs. Get it? Because it's on a farm?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    That fight sure is hard when you're new to the game.