Skip to content

Ideal Stats for a Blade

2»

Comments

• I figure, respec or no, by the time you get very far into BG2, your Blade will be primarily melee, so whatever missile proficiency you pick for BG1 will be largely irrelevant. Plus, you have plenty of NPCs who can put the Tuigan/Gesen Shortbows to better use than your one pip wonder of a Bard.
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    Not many NPCs use crossbiws, so its always good to have that on a bard, and you can use either the light xbow of speed or heavy xbow of accuracy.
    [Deleted User]Dragonspear
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    The only NPC I know of right now that has weapon proficiency in Crossbow off the bat is Keldorn. Monty used to have it in Tales of the Sword Coast but I thought making him use a sling was actually genius so I'm not bothered by that.
  • toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Since you're going for either a bow or crossbow with single sword a scald would have been a better choice with their +1 to hit and damage, plus their uber bard skills, the only advantage for a blade is when you dual wield
    EnialusMeliamne
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Toshiro

I don't know if I'm going to put a point into single weapon specialization or not. Probably not. And if I don't suddenly I'm able to dual wield longswords at level 8 with no penalty to my main hand.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited December 2012

Not many 18's, but I try to make my protagonist as believable as the joinable npc's . ;D
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Mungri said:

I really wish there was a new rogue kit simply called 'adventurer'.

Combines bard, thief, and versatility.

Abilites:

- normal bard songs
    - gains open locks and detect / disarm traps
    - can put maximum points into any weapon style
    - 4 proficiency points to spend at level 1
    - 10 thief points per level
    - No backstabs, snares or set traps ability. Bard HLAs only.

Then you have an ideal solo class without having to dual class.

That's Mcgyver.