Skip to content

Disappearing mouse cursor in fullscreen mode - fix

Comments

• flare100flare100 Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2012
    Clicking Run in 256 colours solved this problem for me. Hope it helps for you guys!
  • RephyrRephyr Member Posts: 19
    Holy crap, that worked.
  • PeteAtomsPeteAtoms Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 140
    The new patch has added a new option in the graphics option screen. I unchecked Hardware Mouse and my problem seems to have resolved. :)
  • NinjaPretNinjaPret Member Posts: 1
    Unchecking it may fix it... but then the mouse isn't as smooth as it once was :( So i wouldn't classify it as a fix, just a temporary workaround.
    NinjaPret said:

Unchecking it may fix it... but then the mouse isn't as smooth as it once was :( So i wouldn't classify it as a fix, just a temporary workaround.

I agree. I was just glad that it's playable now. I was on the verge of giving up hope.

You're right though, the mouse becomes laggy and not quite as smooth.
  • VisualDeadlockVisualDeadlock Member Posts: 5
    the unchecking works for me, dunno if mouse is much laggy but game is playanle for me again.
  • GSMGSM Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2012
    Fix works perfectly! I have not experienced any mouse lag so I don't know what the issue could be for you guys. ;(
    Maybe "lag" isn't the right word. I think "sluggish" might be better
  • RiqueRique Member Posts: 47
    I just wake and to my surprise, there was a new patch aviable and says that would fix this issue! "YAY", I though, since I am still stuck in Candlekeep thanks for that. BUT the patch is not working here, I still have the same issue. Running on Vista 64, Nvidia 460gtx up-to-date.
  • McHardMcHard Member Posts: 19
    The new Patch doesn`t resolved the prob..your fix (the program options thing) did it..
    Thank you very much mate...you`ve saved my weekend.
    PS: I use Vista.
    edited December 2012
    Go to Graphics, there is an option to disable hardware mouse. The mouse appears again but quite slow.
    Post edited by Rique on
    PSS: Hate 2 relativate my previous posts...but i just found a new armor...and guess what..same problem again....Nevertheless...for 5 minutes i was a happy player, lol.
    hardware "mouse"* acceleration.
  • superpyrosuperpyro Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2012
    Everything you said was right on. wondering how to get ride of the choppy performance, update my driver? it make combat difficult and is annoying in general.

Yes, driver was up to date, so i downaleds microsoft intell point 7.1, why no try another driver right? well it works great. set the option bake to hardware
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @superpyro I'm not sure precisely what the issue is for you here - basically, if you're in full screen mode and getting a disappearing cursor when moving items around in your inventory: DISABLE Hardware Mouse Cursor.

If you didn't have the problem at all to start with, leave Hardware Mouse Cursor ENABLED.

The game always had it on before, we added in the option to turn it off for those afflicted by the problem.
    Razor
    I had that problem, its just that the mouse is so choppy when you disable the hardware mouse
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Yep, no way around that for the time being unfortunately.
  • menace21menace21 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    when i open my inventory and select something to drag to a slot my cursor disapears not only in inventory but from entire game only way to fix it is to exit game and go back in but it keeps doing it making the game unplayable
  • menace21menace21 Member Posts: 2
    thks
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Anyone noticed some strange behaviour of the cursor after the latest patch? It has a bad habit of turning permanently to a "crossed circle". (what is the correct term for this thing?) Especially in the edge of the screen.
  • AaezilAaezil Member Posts: 178

The fix for me was to go into baldur.ini and add the line
    'Graphics', 'OpenGL Version', '1',
    under all the other 'movies' and 'graphics' lines, that way i could make the mouse stay and not have the game lag horribly
    ankheg said:

Anyone noticed some strange behaviour of the cursor after the latest patch? It has a bad habit of turning permanently to a "crossed circle". (what is the correct term for this thing?) Especially in the edge of the screen.

This has been brought up more than a few times in various places 'cross the forums. It's a zoom related bug, just get back to the default zoom level (or close to it) and the cursor starts behaving normally.
    ankheg
  • xzarsrevengexzarsrevenge Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Hey guys, whenever I try to equip imoen with some arrows or remove montarons armor or pretty much do anything with equipping or unequipping someone my mouse pointer dissapears and I have to end task just to shut down the game and reload.

I have tried about a dozen times and this is happening everytime.

This is on wins vista, geforce 8800

First this wont run on my laptop and now I cant even equip people on my desktop... what the hell is going on with this? The game looks beautifull and I want to replay it but it is a nightmare to get working properly. How you manage to do this to a 14 year old game is baffling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Jalily bump for merge.
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    It's nice that a fix exists. It's a bit of a workaround fix though, as it makes the cursor somewhat unresponsive for a few players.

I've been attempting to workaround the workaround. I also use Vista, so we know it's related to Vista's DPI mouse scaling (a problem which causes a few headaches, not just for BGEE).

I set the Windows DPI scaling to 120% which made BGEE cut off at the right and bottom, but the hardware mouse worked - not really a solution though. I tried 110%, and BGEE 'fitted', but the invisible cursor problem re-surfaced.

It looks like some icons are too big for the cursor boundaries in Vista. I wonder if it's possible to alter the icons to be a tad smaller. If I get time I might have a look to see if I can fix it.