Skip to content

New turn-based RPG - Realms Beyond

Being a long-time fan of the BG and IWD series, and just D&D and RPGs in general, I thought this upcoming game looks really promising:

https://www.realms-beyond.com/

Honestly, I think it looks really awesome and can't wait to hear more about it. Here's a screenshot:

https://www.realms-beyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/RealmsBeyond_IAB_Screen_03.jpg
KamigoroshiGrammarsaladSkatan[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Looks like its combat design is turn-based, just like The Temple of Elemental Evil. Well, plus a whole bunch of hexagons.

Honestly, most turn-based cRPG's tend to bore me. As I'm really not patient enough for combat in large groups battling waves of enemies one after another. Almost makes one wish for a SKIP function to avoid wasting so much needless time.

That being said, depending of how well they'll develope their game world and of how distinguish it becomes from other cRPG's it could still become interesting for me.
    ThacoBellkanisatha[Deleted User]
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited August 2018
    Here's a demonstration of combat in alpha

Edit: kind of reminds me of the old gold box games
    [Deleted User]
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Thought there already was a thread here on this game.

I'm watching this game too even though I don't like turn-based combat. FYI, this used to be Chaos Chronicles before that got canceled some years ago.
    [Deleted User]
    More gameplay video. The more I see, the more I like:

Gusinda[Deleted User]kanisatha
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    d&d open license I like it.
    Grammarsaladkanisatha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsaladkanisatha

The environment art looks pretty nice. :) Lot of detailed touches on the tables and shelves. I really like the look. I think it reminds me of some Ultima games.

Yup. This game is oozing with nostalgia. It makes me feel like classic baldur's gate meets the old school gold box games
    [Deleted User]kanisatha
    Yeah really looking forward to both this and Black Geyser. So happy to be getting a 3.5 edition D&D rules game even it is set in a homebrew world. Their dev team is very small, though, so they're gonna' need a lot of luck with the project. My understanding is they're hoping to do a Kickstarter this October.
    Grammarsalad
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Grammarsalad

They're also including supplies for travelling. I've always liked exploration most of all. :)

In one of their posts, I think they were mentioning starting a crowdfund campaign around October. I'm pretty sure I'll be backing it.

Oh yeah, I'll be backing this one
    Really need this game to succeed, because it will be our only hope for a D&D cRPG any time within the foreseeable future.
    Grammarsalad[Deleted User]