Skip to content

[mod] Foundling: Between the Shades

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    No. It's all build around the NPC and it's his personal quest. It doesn't make sense without him. Just a note: even though he is evil, he's not like Edwin and works well with good parties. He has most dialogues with Mazzy.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Glad to see a new version. Did you include the fix for the lines as well?

And what I found for the ice area was that it would crash any time I went all the way to the right edge of the map and then tried to go back before talking to the Ivory Witch. Not sure why though, something about the quest being open?
    Many bugs and problems were fixed so you would need to check it yourself. That problem with area shouldn't be there anymore and I don't know what lines you mean. I can tell you that we focused on serious bugs when preparing this version, so some minor, non-gamebreaking things may still need fixing. There was much work already, with what we marked as more serious. Anyway, the mod should be more enjoyable now.
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    Sounds good. I'll have to test it out and let you know if there's still any major crashes. I was already enjoying it before.
  • franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2017

Many bugs and problems were fixed so you would need to check it yourself. That problem with area shouldn't be there anymore and I don't know what lines you mean. I can tell you that we focused on serious bugs when preparing this version, so some minor, non-gamebreaking things may still need fixing. There was much work already, with what we marked as more serious. Anyway, the mod should be more enjoyable now.

Yeah, I did installed the updated version with those big mods, i.e. TDD, Reunion (those used to crash with Lava's mods) and now all of them installed successfully.

Thanks Lava.
  • Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    So, Foundling dies after I kill the reincarnation of the Shadow Dragon.... How am I supposed to stop that from happening? I tried healing, I tried a resurrection spell, nothing seems to be working.

Any help?
    After destroying the dragon, he should be there, on the ground, you should talk to him and use one of the options (and vida the dialogue give him a healing potion, use healing spell etc) and then he simply stands up.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. It's says I should hurry before he dies, but the only dialogue option I have is:
    1. I'm Sorry (leave) ---- or something along those lines.

I have tried healing him and restoring him, but he still lies there....

I went ahead and left the area, thinking he may show up outside or something, and of course, forgot to save. I will start a new game, as that was the first quest I was doing anyway, so big deal.

By the way, I really enjoyed the character for the brief time I had him. I use the "advance real time" cheat often to get most of the dialogues in, and they were rather fascinating.

Thanks!

P.S. Totally off topic, but I think you were also involved with Fade somehow (may fav NPC mod), so I have a question re: that as well. Did the mid wife thing ever get solved? I saw three or four different threads on different message boards and I don't believe anyone ever found where the midwife is in ToB.
    As for Foundling - that's a bit weird. To heal him, you/party member must be a druid or cleric OR have 1 of these: potion of healing, potion of extra healing, potion of regeneration, greater potion of healing, potion of health. There are no other conditions. Note that shamans aren't there, as the class wasn't on the horizon when I was releasing the mod.

As for Fade - I was the one who managed to contact the authors so I could release the version I was handled. However I did some polishing and I organized additional tests etc. But still, that wasn't my mod. The coding is much different to that in my released projects + I helped with writing some banters for ToB version and organized brand new portrait, made from scratch by skilled Lesatho. However, I used search option and found that in ToB there is a dialogue that includes armour enlargement variable. It appends AMSMITH... so if I were you, I would check Amkethran smith. Does it work fine? It's hard to say and it may depend on some other variable, progress in the romance etc.
    Ahhhh, that may explain it. I did not have any potions, I just tried to heal him via spell.... I will give that a shot.

Thanks!

For Fade, I'll have to try that when I get that far with her again. I think I remember doing that in the past with the armor. There is a talk where you tell her you will find her a midwife, and nothing happens ever again with the romance except a talk where she asks who it is. The only dialogue option is "I haven't found one yet" or something like that. And then nothing.
    Good luck! :)
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    Great mod! loved foundling, is there any way to make shadow adept as a kit to play as?
    Sadly, no. Some of things out the features are actually applied with items. BUT there is this mod by @Artemius_I - maybe you should give it a try? I recommend his mods :)
    saber0
  • fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
    Lava, I have this mod on BG2EE from Steam for my mac, and my game is crashing every time the second banter between Imoen and Foundling fires (the one where she asks him to tell a joke).
    I think I see what may be causing the problem. There is an END instead of EXIT at the end of that block. Is Foundling one of your last installed mods? If not, it may be a good idea to use console to skip the dialogue rather than re-install the mod.

To skip problematic dialogues with console, use this console command:

C:SetGlobal("L#FoundlingImoen","GLOBAL",3)
  • fataljasminefataljasmine Member Posts: 17
    Does Foundling have any ToB quests? If so how do you trigger them?
  • XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @LavaDelVortel hey bro is yout mod still available? I tried the link on the first page and got an error. I would really like to try it out :smiley:
    Weird, as it works fine for me. And yes, it's still there, at SHS. Try this one.
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1128-foundling-between-the-shades-v32/
    lolien
    edited May 2018
    Colours of Infinity: Foundling v4.0 is now available.

Foundling is the slave of Thaxll'ssillvia, the Shadow Dragon found in the Temple Ruins. He is cold, calculating, and determined to be freed from his master's influence. He can never oppose his draconic master on his own, but everything can change thanks to one particular Bhaalspawn.

New in this version:

- Fixed mistakes / typos in English version of the text
    - Added Polish translation by Astharoshe, one of CoB's Stars of Mystra
    - Added Polish audio for the Polish translation of the mod
    - Fixed spell descriptions
    - Fixed Jan/JanJ reference in one of the dialogues
    - Fixed erroneous scroll descriptions
    - Foundling no longer leaves at high reputation (EE)
    - Added crossmod banters with Sirene and Will-of-the-Wisps
    - Added crossmod interaction with Shadow Magic
    - WeiDU update

Download link in the first post! Enjoy!
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    AedanlolienCahirFina92
  • teodar1teodar1 Member Posts: 12
    Hi, LavaDelVortel - the latest version of foundling won't install on top of neither shadowmagic 1.7 or 1.6.2 - it gives the error that shadowmagic.d in crossmod/dialogue doesn't exist but its there. Help, pls.
    Hey! I'm on my phone, but I think we may need @Artemius_I here to check it :) I think there may be a new version out soon anyway.
    teodar1
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited August 2018

From now on, if you install the new version of G3 Crossmod Banter Pack, Foundling will talk to other mod NPCs. Here is the list:

Adding 3 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Rhaella's Isra
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Nethrin & Sillara's Yasraena
    Adding 1 SoA banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and cmorgan's Aran Whitehand
    Adding 1 SoA banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Feuille & Miss Sakaki's Faren
    Adding 1 SoA banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulyok's Coran
    Adding 1 SoA banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Lava Del'Vortel's YoshimoRomance
    Adding 1 SoA banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Lava Del'Vortel's Yvette
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Feuille & Miss Sakaki's Nathaniel
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and K'aeloree's Arath
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulyok's Tiax
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulyok's Xan
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Lava Del'Vortel's Skie
    Adding 2 SoA banters between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Mistress Elysia's Fade

Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Rhaella's Isra
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Nethrin & Sillara's Yasraena
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Feuille & Miss Sakaki's Faren
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Feuille & Miss Sakaki's Nathaniel
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulok's Coran
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulyok's Tiax
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Kulyok's Xan
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Lava del' Vortel's Skie
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Lava Del'Vortel's Yvette
    Adding 1 ToB banter between Lava Del'Vortel's Foundling and Mistress Elysia's Fade

This list is huge but misses Varshoon + Foundling banters :(

And Varshoon misses all these people too. :(
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Mad Mate believes that Foundling may be causing some SCS errors. Any ideas?

WeiDu log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7xbajg8rip2wkb/Weidu.7z?dl=0
    Installation log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8m0ysukvhe4cc4/Bak-201809040134.7z?dl=0

This was part of a large install. You can check the discussion of the issue I had with this install:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=29544&page=4
    http://baldursextendedworld.com/Vanilla_Forums/discussion/96/latest-ee-mod-setup-issues/p2
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @LavaDelVortel

I will give you the necessary file that fixes this later :)
    @Artemius_I

That's awesome! Look forward to it.
    Thanks! We'll fix the bug with Artemius once we both have a moment. I believe that with help it shouldn't take long.
    The update is now available. Thanks to @Artemius_I
    @LavaDelVortel

Great. Both updates are up and I'll give the installation another go. Thanks for the update!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @LavaDelVortel do this mod requires Artemius' Shadow Magic?
    No, it was released years before shadow magic and it introduces its own spells etc.
    Raduziel