Skip to content

Using CHEAT CONSOLE and IWD ENGINE Bug

I'm trying to build a super party boosting my XP and DUAL CLASSING. When I get into the game, my spellcasters have no access to their spells. I can memorize all my spells, but in the game I can't access any spells.

Specifically dual classing a 6 or 7 FIGHTER to a 7 or 8 CLERIC bugs out... The MAGE I created in the party does the same. Help!

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,317
    Have you tried using EEKeeper to change XP rather than the console?
  • DHAMDHAM Member Posts: 11
    I've tried it, yes... When I use it, I lose proficiency slots I've assigned after I dual class.
    You can change proficiency slots in EEkeeper to whatever you want.

Are you aware that in the game any proficiencies you had with your original class become inactive when you dual? Those proficiencies are restored when your level in the new class exceeds the level in the old class.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Based on the title of this thread I assume it belongs in the IWD section rather than the BG section.
    I'm running IWD ENGINE in Baldur's Gate.
    Grond0 said:

You can change proficiency slots in EEkeeper to whatever you want.

Are you aware that in the game any proficiencies you had with your original class become inactive when you dual? Those proficiencies are restored when your level in the new class exceeds the level in the old class.

Yeah I'm aware of the DUAL CLASS rule...

In EEKeeper.... In the proficiency menu I see no options at all when I try to use it to do that.
    You should see a screen like the following:You can then use the +/- buttons to change the proficiencies registered for either the first or the second class.
    I actually get a blank window.
    And my EEKeeper doesn't look as refined as your I think.
    My version is 1.0.3.2, though there's a more recent one out - see https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-4/p1.

Are you running it on Windows?
    Windows and 1.0.4 VER. EEKeeper yes...

You wouldn't believe how long I've been trying to uncap the EXP limit and DUAL CLASS a party of HUMANS. When I use the EXP uncap override files it bugs out too (I think - if I remember).

My current party is all MULTICLASSED up to lvl 5ish... And the EXP limit isn't uncapped.
    My goal is to play the entire series all the way with a juiced up party... And then create the same party again w/o cheating...