Skip to content

EET Install Error

AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
Getting the following error. Any help?

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [EET core - resource importation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 34 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 34 files for [EET/EET.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/biff/DNDLOGO.MOS")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-EET.DEBUG to K4thos (swit)
Automatically Skipping [EET core - resource importation] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 323428 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS EET core - resource importation

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "EET/temp/biff/DNDLOGO.MOS")
Enhanced Edition Trilogy (Enhanced Edition Trilogy) was not installed due to errors.

Without this component the installation cannot be continued.

You can try to repair the problem and install the component again afterwards. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spend time on that now, you can also exit the program.
Enter [r]etry or [e]xit.

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    EET tries to copy DNDLOGO.MOS from SoD but this file no longer exist (there is now a DNDLOGO.BAM).

To bypass it, you can probably remove the line ~%biff_dir%/DNDLOGO.MOS~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/SoD_GUI~ from EET/lib/prep_MOS.tph. This file is only used by the SoD UI which is not yet compatible with 2.5 anyway. (remember that for now, you must use the BG2EE UI with EET when you use 2.5).

Tagging @swit so that he knows :)
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    Ah so if I didn't want to use that UI (as I was quite keen on yours and the other one from BWS) I should wait for a fix?
    No you can use my UIs they should work with EET 2.5 (they don't use that file either).

I was only mentioning that if you want to use one of the default UI shipped with EET, you must use the BG2EE one.
  • ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
    Removing that line lets the installation get a little further, then it complains about BD0010.MOS. Is it safe to remove that line as well?
    This one seems more problematic. I think you have to wait for an update by K4thos.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    @Anprionsa, @ManiacalFreak, please wait for EET to be updated to patch that went live today. There are more changes needed then just removing few lines.
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    @swit @lefreut Is it better to rollback for now? Or do we think this will be resolved shortly?
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    latest patch is now supported in RC11 https://github.com/K4thos/EET/releases