Skip to content

Highest possible damage out put from the get go.

Hi, all!

Just out of curiousity, I want you to post here builds with highest possible damage output with newly created characted.

Builds MUST be legit. No editing of any kind, no cheating, etc.

Comments

• DragonwizardDragonwizard Member Posts: 22
    Mhh, I would probably go with a Half-Orc Berserker with 19 strength and a Two-Handed Sword. With Rage and 2 pips in THS and Two-handed weapon style your damage should already be quite ridiculous on level 1.
    Grond0sarevok57
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Half-orc berseker dual-wielding a katana and a 1d8 weapon (wakizashi makes a nice daisho) in the off-hand, maybe. Double pips in katana and scimitar gives 5/2 APR averaging 14.5 damage per attack with the main hand and 12.5 with the off-hand without rage. Slicey slicey! You could trade some damage for accuracy with a pip or two in dual-wield instead of two pips in scimitar.

To get enough money to afford all of that stuff you might have to be a F/T to scrounge enough gold to buy that katana.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    chimaera said:

In theory however, the highest possible damage would be a wild mage getting a really bad wild surge. :smiley:

Wild surge: 63 (roll 4 times)
    Wild surge: 96 (double damage)
    Wild surge: 90 (area affect)
    Wild surge: 88 (COW!)
    Wild surge: 54 (gate in a Nabassu)

The double damage, area effect and COW! surges should do (3d10+3)x2 to everyone within a 30' radius of the target. The Nabassu then can finish everyone off.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    bleusteel said:

Half-orc berseker dual-wielding a katana and a 1d8 weapon (wakizashi makes a nice daisho) in the off-hand, maybe. Double pips in katana and scimitar gives 5/2 APR averaging 14.5 damage per attack with the main hand and 12.5 with the off-hand without rage. Slicey slicey! You could trade some damage for accuracy with a pip or two in dual-wield instead of two pips in scimitar.

To get enough money to afford all of that stuff you might have to be a F/T to scrounge enough gold to buy that katana.

Any character can get an extra 300 gp by talking to Firebead 30 times.
    bleusteelConjurerDragonAzchar111
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Grond0 said:

bleusteel said:

Yep!

The katana is 825 gp with average CHA, I think. Armor, helmet, off-hand weapon and you’re looking at needing nearly 1,000 gp to start.
    edited August 2018
    OK - perhaps that's why I've never bought it :D. Incidentally, if you're tempted by scimitars, then the ninjato available at Candlekeep is the best bargain - not only very cheap, but guaranteed unbreakable in the current v2.3.

A thief could afford that by stealing the gem upstairs (and with high charisma it's worth speaking to the nobles first so they put even more valuables in). Backstab then provides an argument for highest damage. The barbarian can also use high strength to break open the chest and it also has an argument for highest damage (the strength bonus adding more than berserker rage).

Personally I don't think dual wielding would be the way to go for high damage at L1. With only 4 proficiency points available that means reducing THACO through weapon proficiencies and/or 2-weapon proficiency.

Another challenger for best damage at L1 would be the shapeshifter. The werewolf normally gets 2 APR at 19 strength. Base damage is only 1d6, but in v2.3 it's also possible to put a weapon into the shield slot and increase APR to 3 without incurring dual-wielding penalties (I think that may be being fixed in v2.5 though).
    bleusteelStummvonBordwehrparrker
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Grond0 said:

bleusteel said:

I thought this was confirmed not-working in EE? unless it's been fixed in the newer 2.something
    I've only used it sporadically, so can't confirm the history - it certainly works in 2.3 though.
  • SolmageSolmage Member Posts: 31
    I can confirm it works on 2.5 on iOS - once. Talking in beregost didn’t work on 2.5, used to work on 2.3 though to get 300 gold x 2.

I’m now curious if you still get a quest in beregost in 2.5 if you steal the scroll, or for that matter, kill the guy in candlekeep.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    It works in iOS the intended two times:

The trick is to wait for the script (getting 300 gp) to kick in. Talking to him to quickly after your last “talk” will make you miss out on the payments because the script doesnt activate. Believe it always has been so.

On topic: a raging half orc barbarian with two handed sword and two handed fighting would be mu choice for most damage at the get go. You can get 23 str whilst raging from the very start.
    the_sexteinGrond0
  • LethlianLethlian Member Posts: 20
    edited August 2018
    It would likely be a half-orc fighter (berserker) or barbarian @ 19 strength dual wielding bastard swords.

Two handed swords are absolutely worthless, because you'll never have as many APRs as dual-wielding. (This holds true for BG1 and SoD and most of SoA)

Or half-orc fighter / thief dual wielding long swords. Start off with a backstab followed up by a normal attack.
  • LethlianLethlian Member Posts: 20
    Oh and btw the best single handed damaging weapon (non-ranged)in BG1 (assuming unmodded) is Albruin, which is bastard sword +1 but deals an additional +3dmg instead of plus one.

That or the dagger of venom because of the poison DOT.