Skip to content

2.5 DETAILED change log

Hi all!
First of all, praise Beamdog for such a wonderful job! Thanks a lot, guys and girls! (And others =))
My question is: is there some way to get DETAILED changelog for the new version?
I have already read the full changelog and I've noticed that there are some quest fixes/updates.
So how can I get that info?

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    What details are you looking for that aren't in the change log? When I read it it looked like they were all there.
  • foma_mgppufoma_mgppu Member Posts: 115
    @Chronicler Like details about quest fixes.
    For example, in the changelpg there was that: "There should be a conclusion to the vial of mysterious liquid found in the Nashkel Mines". What conclusion? What should I do with said vials?
    And so on.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @foma_mgppu - Play the game and find out. :smile:
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

@Chronicler Like details about quest fixes.
    For example, in the changelpg there was that: "There should be a conclusion to the vial of mysterious liquid found in the Nashkel Mines". What conclusion? What should I do with said vials?
    And so on.

You are given hints in dialog/journal when you normally complete the quest on what to do with it afterwards.
    Thanks all!
  • typh00nchickentyph00nchicken Member Posts: 2
    Sad Day. Potion bag replication bug is gone QQ
  • PingwinPingwin Member Posts: 262
    Just out of curiosity, is the vial of mysterious liquid conclusion something that was intended to be in the original BG but didn't get finished or got cut for whatever reason?

I always thought that finding the vials, together with the letters explaining about the kobolds poisoning the ore was conclusive enough; there's no need for the vials to actually be useful for anything.

Similarly with Kagain's quest and Kivan's interactions with Tazok - entirely new features or things that should have been in the original game?
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Pingwin said:

Just out of curiosity, is the vial of mysterious liquid conclusion something that was intended to be in the original BG but didn't get finished or got cut for whatever reason?

I always thought that finding the vials, together with the letters explaining about the kobolds poisoning the ore was conclusive enough; there's no need for the vials to actually be useful for anything.

Similarly with Kagain's quest and Kivan's interactions with Tazok - entirely new features or things that should have been in the original game?

From what I understand, it and a few other things in this patch are from the "Unfinished Business" mod, which sought to restore content didn't make the final cut of the game.

The vials were a part of a questline, and that questline even existed in some form in the game's code, but due to time limitations the questline was not complete by the release date and so it was not included anywhere in the playable portion of the game.

Pingwin said:

From what I understand, it and a few other things in this patch are from the "Unfinished Business" mod, which sought to restore content didn't make the final cut of the game.

The vials were a part of a questline, and that questline even existed in some form in the game's code, but due to time limitations the questline was not complete by the release date and so it was not included anywhere in the playable portion of the game.
    Yeah, that was exactly my thoughts while playing Unfinished Business mod.